A house fire in Bethalto destroyed a garage and damaged a home Friday morning.
Bethalto, Rosewood Heights, Meadowbrook and Cottage Hills fire departments responded to a call in the 1400 block of West Corbin Street, the RiverBender reported. No one was injured in the fire.
The homeowners think the flames ignited in the garage and believe a space heater caused the fire. As of about 1:30 p.m. Friday, firefighters had not allowed the family to go into the home to inspect damage, the RiverBender reported.
Mary Cooley: 618-239-2535, @MaryCooleyBND
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.