Metro-East News

Mascoutah family loses everything in house fire

A Mascoutah family lost everything in a house fire Tuesday morning.
A Mascoutah family lost everything in a house fire Tuesday morning. Provided

A fire destroyed a Mascoutah family's home Tuesday morning.

The house, located on West Phillips Street, was a total loss after the fire, but none of the residents were injured.

A man was inside the house at the time of the fire and managed to escape with the family's dog, but their birds died, according to a GoFundMe set up for the family.

The Mascoutah Fire Department was called at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday, and there were heavy flames when firefighters arrived.

The family lost everything in the fire, according to the GoFundMe.

Accidental house fires are a serious safety threat. Learn how to cut down your risk by exercising these simple prevention tips.

  Comments