HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital-Highland will be sponsoring an electronics recycling event on Wednesday, Nov. 9 in the hospital parking lot. (Note: The date in this week’s print edition of the News Leader mistakenly said, “Thursday, Nov. 9.)
Local residents will be able to recycle old electronics equipment from noon to 6 p.m. The drop-off location will be located in the far northwest corner of the main hospital parking lot on the campus St. Joseph’s Hospital, 12866 Troxler Ave.
Among the electronics items that will be accepted for recycling include:
▪ Satellite receivers
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Stereo Equipment, radios and speakers
▪ Desktop computers, laptops, LCD monitors, and printers
▪ VCR, CD, and DVD players
▪ AC adapters
▪ Networking Equipment
▪ Cell phones, phones, and phone systems
▪ Lithium-ion batteries
▪ Cables and wires
▪ Gas-powered yard equipment
▪ Iron, brass, and aluminum metal
▪ Large appliances, such as dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, dehumidifiers, and refrigerators
Among the items that will not be accepted during this electronics recycling event are tube TVs, Alkaline batteries, broken batteries, smoke detectors, glass lighting, and any item containing mercury.
More information regarding this electronics recycling event can be obtained by calling (618) 651-2589.