Editor’s note: The following incidents were listed among the official reports of local law enforcement agencies and court clerks. Readers are reminded that an arrest or charge does not constitute a finding of guilt. Only a court of law can make that determination.
HPD warrant arrests
▪ Sherri K. Hacker, 44, of Hudson, Fla., was arrested by HPD on Feb. 2, on a warrant from Jackson County for failure to appear in court on a charge of driving while having an expired license. She was transported to the Madison County Jail.
▪ Colton A. Talbot, 22, of Highland was arrested by HPD on Feb. 28 on a warrant from McLean County for failure to appear in court on a robber charge. Talbot was transported to the Madison County Jail.
Man faces meth charge
Highland police charged Casey A. Waeckerle, 23, of Highland on Feb. 27 was charged with possession of less than five grams of a substance that allegedly contained methamphetamine.
HPD misdemeanors, tickets, citations
▪ No tickets issued.
▪ Thomas J. Blatt, 23, of Mount Vernon was charged with failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident.
▪ Steven M. Goestenkors, 38, of Pocahontas was charged with disorderly conduct for allegedly yelling and screaming threats that were overheard by the general public.
▪ Paula J. Kipp, 52, of Troy was charged with having an expired vehicle registration.
▪ Thomas J. Blatt, 22, of Mount Vernon was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of cannabis.
▪ A juvenile, 17, of Caseyville was charged with possession of tobacco by a minor and possession of cannabis.
▪ Kathleen Jo Short, 56, of New Douglas was charged with failure to signal when required and operation of an uninsured motor vehicle.
▪ Richard J. Schuck Jr., 22, of Aviston and Jeremy A. Jenkins, 25, of Highland were both charged with trespassing at the Highland skate park. Police said the men both had motorcycles inside the fenced-in park, which is meant for pedestrians, skateboarders and bicyclists, only.
▪ No tickets issued.
▪ Lisa Kay Lange, 55, of Highland was charged with speeding.
▪ Patrick A. Landon, 25, of Highland was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
▪ A juvenile, 17, of Highland was charged with failure to yield at an intersection.
▪ Zachariah A. Slightom, 27, of Brighton was charged with having an expired vehicle registration.
▪ Jeffrey D. Sadowski, 30, of Highland was charged with retail theft for allegedly for allegedly taking a bottle of vodka from CC Food Mart.
▪ A juvenile, 15, of Highland was charged with possession of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia, and obstructing identification.