Xi Chi Chapter 5456 of ESA International met Wednesday, March 4, at St. Clair Bowl.
Plans were discussed for a Cosmic Bingo to benefit and the Hope for Heroes Program. The date for this event is Saturday, June 27, at the Quail Club, 8303 Concordia Church Road, Belleville. Xi Chi also will hold a Chicken Dinner/Quarters Auction on Saturday, April 11, at the O’Fallon VFW Post 805 to benefit the IFSA (Illinois Fire Safety Alliance) Burn Camp.
Xi Chi is also planning a Traffic Stop on Friday, May 1, and Saturday, May 2, in O’Fallon to once again benefit St Jude Children's Research Hospital.
With military operations continuing in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Hope for Heroes program is still in need of support. Part of the support is collecting cell phones to recycle through Cell Phones for Soldiers which provides phone cards for deployed military members.
A continuing need exists for snack items, toiletries, DVD’s and hand held games to be sent to Wounded Warriors returning for treatment along with support to area deployed troops in Afghanistan.
Items can be dropped off at any of the following sites:
• Crossroad Motors in Caseyville;
• Top Shop Auctions in Germantown;
• AMW Clothing & Sporting in O’Fallon;
• VFW Memorial Post 8677 in Fairview Heights;
• Advantage Family Chiropractic in Belleville;
• Fairview Heights Public Library;
• Progressive Property Network Inc. in O'Fallon;
• Lincoln Place Dental in Belleville;
• Gifts for Individuals in O’Fallon;
• Frieze Harley-Davidson in O’Fallon;
• City of O’Fallon City Hall;
• Auffenberg Dealer Group in O’Fallon.
Those interested in becoming directly involved in support of St. Jude’s, Easter Seals or the Hope for Heroes Program, please contact Fran Harris Shaffer at (618) 593-3488 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who would like to purchase tickets for the Chicken Dinner/Quarters Auction, please contact Harris-Shaffer.
For more info on Xi Chi Chapter or Epsilon Sigma Alpha visit Xi Chi's website at www.xi-chi.org. They also are on Facebook at Xi Chi Chapter #5456 of Epsilon Sigma Alpha-ESA.