Information regarding O’Fallon School District 90 registration for the 2015-16 school year:
• Currently enrolled students and families with kindergarten only—4:30-7 p.m. Wednesday, May 13, and 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 14;
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
• Currently enrolled students and new students may register—3-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 28.
• All registrations will be held at home schools.
Free and reduced lunch applications
Free/reduced lunch applications are available upon request after July in the main office. For people who feel they qualify, please complete and return. The principals will review the application and the person will be notified later if he/she qualifies. This form will cover both breakfast and lunch.
School lunches and breakfast costs
School lunch prices for the school year will be TBA breakfast & TBA lunch . Accounts will be set up for each student and money may be deposited to this account at any time. K-5th students will be given a four-digit access code to use when paying for lunch or breakfast. Checks should be made payable to your school or pay online.
The State of Illinois requires that all students in kindgergarten and 6th grade and all students new to an Illinois school must have a physical done within one year prior to entry. The physical must be on a state of Illinois form or one that meets the Illinois requirements and must be signed by an MD or DO, a Physician’s Asst. or Advance Practice nurse. In addition, all immunizations must be up to date with the requirements of the State of Illinois.
Those requirements are attached to the physical exam form. Any student not in compliance by the fourth Friday in September will be excluded from school. For assistance with physical examinations and immunizations, contact the St. Clair County Health Department, (618) 233-6170; or Southern Illinois Health Care Foundation, (618) 337-8905. A dental exam is required for grades kindergarten, 2nd and 6th. An eye exam is now required for all kindergarten students and students new to the State of Illinois. Forms are available on the District website.
A new physical from grades 6th-8th is required before trying out for any sport and must be dated after June 1 of the school year in which is required.
Before and after school care
Childcare is available to District 90 students in grades K-5th. Students must be registered and fees paid for either 1-3 days per week or 4-5 days per week. The morning program begins at 7 a.m. and the after school program ends at 6 p.m. An informational brochure is available through the school and at registration.
• Estelle Kampmeyer—8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
• JE Hinchcliffe—8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
• Laverna Evans—8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
• Delores Moye—8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
• Marie Schaefer—8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
• Edward Fulton—8 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
• Amelia Carriel—8 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
Students living more than 1.5 miles from their school are eligible for bus transportation. Illinois Central Bus Co., (618) 632-3399, can provide bus routes and schedules. Information can also be accessed through the District 90 website.
Preschool is available for District 90 students between the ages of 3-5. The Preschool Plus is a full day tuition program between the hours of 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m.. The Early Achiever’s Academy is a half-day tuition preschool program with a morning or afternoon class. Two-, three-, or five-day options are available for both programs. Tuition is a monthly payment and dependent upon which program option people choose. All classes are at Marie Schaefer School. For more information, call Marie Schaefer Preschool, (618) 206-2476, or e-mail Gina Chorma at email@example.com.
O’Fallon School District 90 (registering for school)
A parent/guardian must (a) prove residency, (b) provide a copy of the student’s birth certificate-if a new or kindergarten student (official certificate from county of birth, not souvenir certificate given by hospital), (c) complete required registration forms, and (d) attend one of the registration dates to turn in completed documents. Please bring the following original items in order to complete the registration process. To save time, bring the originals of current proofs of residency, photo ID and children’s birth certificates as well as enough copies of these items for each child being registered,
• Fees (online payment available in Family Access. If moving from 5th-6th grade, you must change school status in drop down screen at top of fees payment page);
• K-5=$140; 6th-8th=$150.00;
• Two current proofs of residency At least one proof must be from Column A. Proofs must indicate parent/guardian name and current address;
• Picture ID.
Falsifying residency information for the purpose of a child attending school in a district is a Class C misdemeanor. Registered students found to be living outside the district will be taken off of the rolls.
• Current lease or mortgage;
• Current property tax statement.
• Current utility bill (water, gas, electric, or cable two months or less);
• Current home/rental insurance.
• Physical—Students new to Illinois, kindergarten, 6th grade;
• Proof of immunizations—Students new to Illinois, kindergarten, 6th grade;
• Dental exam—Kindergarten, 2nd grade, 6th grade;
• Eye exam—Kindergarten and students new to Illinois.
New students and kindergarten only
• Certified birth certificate (must be from the county of the child’s birth). Hospital birth certificates will not be accepted;
• Illinois students need a transfer form from the previous Illinois school (grades 1st-8th);
• Copy of IEP or academic interventions—if applicable.
If you reside with someone, they must provide proof of residency within District 90. The person with whom you are living must be present at the time you are registering your child. You and the person will be required to complete a notarized affidavit.
The form is provided by the district and a notary will be present.