Anderson Hospital auxiliary and medical staff awarded a total of $9,000 in scholarships to local students who plan to pursue careers in health care.
Among this year’s scholarship recipients are:
▪ Courtney Deiters, of Breese, who will attend St. Louis College of Pharmacy
▪ Emily Duncan, of Highland, who will study medicine at Saint Louis University
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Alexandra Holten, of Collinsville, who will study nursing at University of Missouri
▪ Rebekah Kuhl, of Troy, who will study occupational therapy at Saint Louis University
▪ Dawn Maker, of Maryville, who will attend Goldfarb School of Nursing
▪ Mahalia Potter, of Collinsville, who will attend Goldfarb School of Nursing
▪ Derek Sonnenberg, of Maryville, who will study medicine at University of Illinois
Applications for the auxiliary staff scholarships are available in February each year and accepted until May 15. They are sent to area high schools and colleges and can be picked up in the Maryville hospital lobby. For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medical staff scholarship applications are available every spring. The deadline to apply is mid-May each year. Applications can be picked up at volunteer stations. For more information, call the Medical Staff Office at 618-391-6142.