No injuries were reported after a stove fire forced the evacuation of a dormitory at Lincoln University in Jefferson City.
The Jefferson County Fire Department says the fire at Scruggs Hall was reported Wednesday evening.
The university's police evacuated the building because of heavy smoke on the second floor of the dormitory.
The Jefferson City News-Tribune reports firefighters discovered the building's sprinkler system controlled the fire, which apparently started on a stove in one room.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
Fire damage was contained to the room with the stove.