Here are a few questions for the current aldermen of Belleville:
▪ Are the million-dollar upscale homes being proposed in unincorporated Belleville yet another pipe dream?
▪ Will Belleville pay to extend the city sewer and annex the property before the homes are constructed?
▪ Will the tax rebates and construction of the public roadways be enough of an incentive?
▪ Will this upscale neighborhood require taking a police patrol away from existing citizens?
▪ Could stretching the fire district effect the city's ISO 2 rating, causing higher home insurance for all citizens?
▪ What's wrong with the rich paying their fair share of the property tax?
Lillian Schneider, Belleville