Several area athletes competed Friday at the IHSA state swimming and diving meet at Evanston Township High School.
Two local swimmers advanced out of the preliminaries:
- Noah Clancy, an Alton sophomore, qualified in 100 back, placing 8th with a time of 50.76
- Cole Junker, a Mascoutah junior, qualified in 100 back, placing 9th with a time of 50.86.
Both swimmers compete tomorrow for 7th through 12th place.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Other local swimmers competing but not qualifying out of prelims are:
- Logan Theiss, a Belleville East senior, in the 100 back, placing 15th with a time of 51.69
- Michael Meyer, an O'Fallon junior, in the 100 back, placing 25th with a time of 52.73
- Porter LeVasseur, an Edwardsville junior, in the 100 back, placing 31st with a time of 53.09
- Jonathan Olson, a Triad senior, in the 50 freestyle, placing 27th with a time of 21.89
- Max Kostelac, a Waterloo sophomore, in the 50 freestyle, placing 22nd with a time of 21.72
- Carter Nelson, a Columbia sophomore, in 100 freestyle, placing 13th with a time of 46.93, and 14th in 200 freestyle with a time of 1:41.97
- Matt Daniel, an Alton senior, in the 100 butterfly, placing 23rd with a time of 51.49
- Caden Akal, an Alton junior, in the 50 freestyle, placing 35th with a time of 22.05.