▪ Red Bud running back Austin Melliere ran the ball 16 times for 202 yards as the Musketeers ran their winnign streak to three with a 27-14 win over Central. Melliere scored his only touchdown on a 27-yard run in the second quarter.
▪ Althoff kicker Stone Galloway kicked field goals of 41 and 47 yards as the Crusaders scored a big 32-28 win on the road — defeating Marion 32-28 on Friday.
▪ East St. Louis linebacker Eric Owens Jr. had 13 tackles — including 10 solos — and added a 45-yard intercception return for a touchdown as the Flyers defeated Belleville West 32-26.
▪ Sophomore Donavan Bieber scored on three of his carries and hauled in a scoring pass from quarterback Nic Horner as Columbia blew past Freeburg 47-21 on Friday in a Cahokia Conference game. Bieber finished by rushing for 132 yards and scored on runs of 54, 5 and 45 yards.
▪ Red Bud quarterback Griffin Ziebold accoununted for 318 yards of total offense to lead his team past Central 27-14 in a Cahokia Conference game. Ziebold rushed for 142 yards and was 12 of 22 for 176 yards for Red Bud (4-2) which sent Central (4-2) down for the second week in a row.
▪ Althoff running back Justin Strong did a little bit of everything in the Crusaders win over Marion, Strong ran the ball 15 times for 206 yards and two touchdowns and a pair of receptions for 20 yards. He also had a 99 yard kickoff return for a touchdown and added seven tackles for the the Crusaders who improve to 5-1 for the season.
▪ Belleville West senior Kriston Davis ran 24 times for 80 yards and a touchdown while contributing 11 tackles — five solos — in a 32-26 setback against East St. Louis.
▪ Althoff defensive lineman Devyn Nash had 11 tackles — including six for negative yardage — and added a quarterback sack in the Crusaders South Seven Conference win over Marion.
▪ Jerseyville quarterback Drew Sauerwein ran for 93 yards and was 15 of 28 for 190 yards and two touchdowns in a 34-28 overtime setback to Waterloo.
▪ Wesclin running back KJ Corley rushed for 139 yards on just nine carries and scored once in the Warriors 44-38 win at Carlyle.
▪ Edwardsville running back Antonio Thigpen Jr. rushed for 151 yards and two touchdowns as the Tigers (3-3) ran their winning streak to three with a 62-14 win over O’Fallon.
▪ Highland linebacker Kyle Lane had 11 tackles — nine solos — as the Bulldogs (6-0) clinched a playoff bid with the win over Civic Memorial.
▪ Mascoutah wide receiver Treshaun Buckingham had 10 catches for 123 yards in a 24-7 loss to Triad.
▪ East St. Louis running back Jigg Brown rushed for 116 yards and two touchdowns as the Flyers took command of the Southwestern Conference with a 32-26 win at Belleville West.
▪ Wesclin running back RJ Kattenbraker ran for 107 yards and a score as the Warriors (6-0) clinched a playoff spot with a win over Carlyle.
▪ Columbia quarterback Nic Horner was 11 of 18 for 157 yards and three touchdowns as the Eagles flew past Freeburg 47-21.
▪ Granite City running back Jerry Watson rushed for 278 yards on 34 carries in a 49-26 loss to Collinsville.
▪ Highland quarterback Garrett Marti was 8-of-16 for 112 yards and two touchdowns as the Bulldogs defeated Civic Memorial 50-0 in a Mississippi Conference game. Marti has 19 touchdown passes and just one interception this season.
▪ Waterloo running back Dalton Viglasky and quarterback Graham Baker were major reasons why the Bulldogs remained in playoff contention with an overtime 33-27 win over Jerseyville. Baker was 11 of 15 for 114 yards and two touchdowns while Viglasky ran for 116 yards and three scores.
▪ Triad quarterback Cody Qualls rushed for 114 yards and two scores as the Knights defeated Mascoutah 24-7 in an Mississippi Valley Conference game on Saturday.