- Cardinals prospect Matt Adams is showing the power -- if not the average -- in the Arizona Fall League.
He's managed only a .250 mark in 80 at bats for the Peoria Javelinas. But he's collected four homers and six doubles amongst his 20 hits. The 23-year-old first baseman hit .300 with 32 homers and 100 RBI in 2011 at Class AA Springfield.
- Outfielder Adron Chambers, who saw playing time in the big leagues last last season is playing in the Venezuelan Winter League. There he's hitting .277 with three triples, three doubles and a home run in 47 at bats for Leones del Caracas.
- On the pitching side, another guy who had a peek in the big leagues in 2011 is pitching well in the Dominican Winter Leagues. Maikel Cleto in unscored upon in 9 2/3 innings pitched with only three hits allowed. While he's getting results, Cleto is still struggling with his control. He's walked six hitters while only striking out two. If he could get the ball over the plate, he seems like he could be a force out of the bullpen in the big leagues.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
- Francisco Samuel is also pitching in the Dominican Winter League where he's appeared in 12 games and compiled 5 1/3 innings pitched. He's allowed no runs on four hits. But, while he's struck out nine of the 16 batters he's retired, he's also walked an eye-popping nine.
- Right handed starter Jose Rada, 23, is pitching in the Arizona Fall League where he's 2-0 with a 2.35 ERA in 30 2/3 innings pitched. He's allowed 26 hits with 13 walks while striking out 24.