- New Memphis — 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Friday-Saturday, Sit “N” Bull Saloon, 31 S. Mill St., New Memphis. Free. Cadillac Daddies on Friday; Stan Denton & The Wanted on Saturday.
- Belleville Philharmonic Youth Orchestra — 2 p.m. Saturday, Shrine Retirement Community, 726 Community Drive, Belleville. Featuring violinist Julia Riew, of St. Louis, a winner in the orchestra’s annual concerto competition. She will perform Mendelsohn’s Violin Concerto in E minor, accompanied by the youth orchestra. Free.
- Tribute to Garth Brooks — 8 p.m. Saturday, Wildey Theatre, 252 N. Main St., Edwardsville. Featuring Shameless, the ultimate Garth Brooks experience tribute. Tickets: $20 by calling 618-307-1750 or www.wildeytheatre.com.
- Broadway Pops! — 7:30 p.m. Saturday, 3 p.m. Sunday, Lindenwood Auditorium, 2600 W. Main St., Belleville. Featuring Masterworks Chorale and Children’s Choruses singing numbers from “Oklahoma,” “Guys and Dolls” and “Candide,” plus hits by Duke Ellington and “The Best of Big Band” meldey. Tenor Jeff Ballard and alto Andrea Lair, both principal singers with the chorale, will perform solos. The performance will be accompanied by pianist Susan Niederer and a jazz combo of professional musicians. Tickets in advance: $15 adults, $10 seniors and military, $5 for students can be purchased by calling 618-304-9094. Tickets at the door: $20 adults, $15 seniors and military, $10 students. Sponsored by First Bank and the Art on the Square Foundation.Information: www.singmasterworks.org.
- Lancer Concert Bands — 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Performing Arts Center, Belleville East campus, 2555 West Blvd., Belleville. Featuring the Symphonic Band, the Symphonic Wind Ensemble and the Wind Ensemble. Admission is $5; free for children under 5. Presented by the Belleville East Band/Orchestra Parents. Donations for the Lancers new uniform fund will be accepted.
- MUSIC Swing Dance Club — Lessons 7:30-8 p.m., open dancing 8-10 p.m. Thursday, Wild Country, 17 Gateway Drive, Collinsville. No partner or experience necessary. Cost: $5. Doors open at 7 p.m. Information: 618-292-5102 or www.musicswingdance.com.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
- Home Show — 2-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Belle-Clair Fairgrounds, 200 South Belt East, Belleville. Featuring more than 100 local home improvement professionals and product providers. Admission is $6; $5 for 56 and older, firefighters, police officers, military, medical professionals and education faculty; children under 12 free. Free parking. See list of vendors and floor plan at www.LocalBuilderEvents.com. Presented by the Home Builders Association of Greater Southwest Illinois. Save $1 off admission by donating a can of food, toiletry item or other household nencessity at the show. Donations benefit the Commuity Interfaith Food Pantry, Fairth Baptist Food Pantry and the Violcence Prevention Center.
- Pinterest Party and Texas Hold ’em Fundraiser — 7 p.m. Friday, Morningstar Chiropractic Building, 3733 S. State Route 159, Glen Carbon. Cost: $25 per person. Play in the Texas Hold’em Tournament or choose a Pinterest project to do. Food is provided. Proceeds to benefit Partners for Pets, a not-for-profit no-kill animal rescue. Tickets available from Morningstar Chiropractic Office or at partnersforpetsil.givezooks.com. Information: 618-288-809.
- Clay Olympics — 6-9 p.m. Saturday, Louis Tiemann Gallery, 223 W. Main St., Belleville. Featuring pottery teams from around the area testing wit and skill in several wacky clay events, including blindfolded bowl, no-hands rose holder and tallest tower. Food and drinks by Hemingways Zen Garden available for purchase. Music by guitarist Roger Drinnon. There also will be a silent auction of ceramic and handmade fine craft. Proceeds benefit Governor French Academy Art Programs. More information: firstname.lastname@example.org or look for Clay Olympics, Belleville on Facebook.
- Polar Plunge — noon Saturday, Carlyle Lake, Main Beach, Carlyle. Check-in 10-11 a.m. Presented by Law Enforcement Torch Run and GEICO. Participants raise a minimum of $100 in donations in eschange for jumping into the lake’s icy waters. Proceeds benefit Special Olympics athletes. To register or support a plunger online, go to http://soill.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=540. Information: Justin Dunning, 618-654-6680 or email@example.com.
- 5K/10K Walk — 9-a.m. to noon Saturday, St. Joseph’s Parish Center, 6 N. Alton St., Freeburg. Cost: $3. Participants should bring at least two cans of soup to donate to the walkers’ soup luncheon. Two kinds of soup and fresh baked bread will be served and desserts will be available for a small donation. Sponsored by The Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club. Information: Nikki, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.illinois-trekkers.org.
- Art Flair with Local Flair — 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Pere Marquette Lodge, 13653 Lodge Blvd., Grafton. Sponsored by Four Rivers Art Fair. Purchase one-of-a-kind artwork and enjoy the soothing sounds of local guitarist, Gabie McGarra. Dinner is available for purchase at Pere Marquette Lodge Restaurant, featuring its famous family style fried chicken and chocolate pecan pie. Information: 618-786-2331 or www.pmlodge.net.
- 5K/10K Walk — 10 a.m. Tuesday, St. Clair Mall, Fairview Heights. Register at 9:45 a.m. at Schnuck’s, 625 Lincoln Highway, Fairview Heights. The walk is in the climate-controlled environment of the mall. Fee: $3. Sponsored by The Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club. Information: Trudy, email@example.com or www.illinois-trekkers.org.
- “The Other Family: Indentured Servants at Stephenson House” — 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays; noon-3 p.m. Sunday, Stephenson House, 409 S. Buchanan St., Edwardsville. Admission: $6 adults, $3 children (6-12), free (younger than 5). Learn about slavery in Illinois and the servants living at Stephenson house, read copies of runaway ads placed in area newspapers from 1817-1822 and participate in hands-on-activities. Information: 618-692-1818 or www.stephenson<code_dp>house.org.
- Aviston Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30-7 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton St., Aviston. Cod, catfish, shrimp, chicken strips, 1/4 fried chicken, sides. Eat in or carry out. 618-228-7311.
- Breese Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Breese Knights of Columbus, 480 N. Walnut St., Breese. Dine in or carry out. Fish and sides. .
- Caseyville Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Cod, catfish fillets, tilapia, sides.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. Information: 618-345-2508.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 4-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
- Ellis Grove Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Ellis Grove Fire Department, 501 Eggemeyer Plaza, Ellis Grove. Cod, catfish, shrimp, buffalo. Sides: Baked beans, fries, onion rings, slaw, hush puppies, potato salad, fried pickles, tea, coffee, soda, water, beer. Accepting donations of clothes, toys, household items for the Red Cross. Military discount available.
- Fairview Heights Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road. Walton’s Fish Fry. Serving jack salmon and wild-caught grilled salmon. Homemade desserts. Carryouts: 618-632-5222.
- Freeburg Fish Bake & Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Joseph’s Parish Center, 6 N. Alton St., Freeburg. Baked cod, fried cod loins (plate, sandwich or pound), shrimp, grilled cheese, spaghetti, baked potato, green beans, onion rings, French fries, homemade slaw, mac and cheese, dessert, refreshments. Sponsored by the Support Committee. Eat in or carry out. 618-539-4720.
- Granite City Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Elizabeth Church, Granite City. Cod, catfish, pollock, jack salmon, shrimp. Eat in or carry out.
- Highland Fish Fry — 4-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carry out. 618-654-6367.
- Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carry out. 618-566-2288.
- Millstadt Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
- Millstadt Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt Sportsmen’s Club, 4915 Schmidt Lane, Millstadt. Cod, shrimp, walleye, desserts. Carry-outs available at 618-476-1891.
- New Athens Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, St. Agatha’s Church, Parish Center, Market & Mill St., New Athens. Eat in and carry outs available. 618-475-3579.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hot dogs, sides. Eat in or carry out. 618-632-6229.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651.
- O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryouts available. 618-632-8879.
- Okawville Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 233, 205 N. Hanover St., Okawville. Eat in or carry out. 618-243-5528.
- Quail Club Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Quail Club, 8303 Concordia Church Road, Belleville. Cod, walleye, shrimp, wings, burgers, sides, desserts. Carryouts available. No phone orders.
- St. Henry Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Monsignor Voss Center, 5305 W. Main St., Belleville. Sponsored by St. Henry Women’s and Men’s organizations. Codfish (sandwich, plate or pound), baked salmon and soup, slaw, spaghetti, french fries, onion rings, cheese pizza. Carryouts available.
- St. Mary’s Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Mary Parish, basement, 1706 W. Main St., Belleville. Dine in or carry out. Cod or walleye, (sandwich, plate or by the pound), potato salad, French fries, onion rings, spaghetti, slaw, dessert.
- St. Teresa Fish Fry — 4:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, St. Teresa School, 1108 Lebanon Ave., Belleville. Cod plate $9, sandwich $5. Cod available by the pound. Sides: huspuppies, mushrooms, spaghetti, slaw, applesauce. Eat in or carry out.
- Scott VFW Fish Fry — 5-9 p.m. Friday, Scott VFW Post 4183, Belleville. Carryouts available. Order ahead: 618-746-9801. Lenten special: all-you-can-eat swai fish only, 3-6 p.m.; no carryouts.
- Shiloh Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Sides. Eat in or carry out. 618-624-5412. Auxiliary bake sale for charity.
- Summerfield Fish Fry — 5:30-8 p.m. Friday, Summerfield Lions Club, 100 E. Park St., Summerfield. 618-934-3841 or 618-334-3177.
- Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
- Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Ladies Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp. Dinners include bread and choice of two sides. Dine in or carry out. 618-667-8387.
- Pancake & Sausage Breakfast — 7-10 a.m. Saturday, Concordia United Church of Christ, Illinois 163 and Concordia Road, Millstadt. Cost: $8 adults, $5 children (12 & under), free (under 5). Buttermilk and oatmeal pancakes. All you can eat. Baked goods for sale. Carryouts available by calling 618-476-3377. Sponsored by Concordia UCC Sunday School.
- Homemade Soups and Chili — 4-7 p.m. Saturday, Friedens United Church of Christ, 240 E. Monroe, Hecker. All-you-can-eat homemade soups and chili. Plus a selection of desserts and beverages. Dine in only. Cost: $8 adults, $3 children (6-12), free (5 & under).
- Wurstmarkt and Bingo — 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, Ss. Peter & Paul Catholic School, 217 W. Third St., Waterloo. All-you-can-eat sausage dinner served 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Handmade quilt and cash bingo starts at 1:30 p.m.
- Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. For carryouts, call 618-632-5222.
- Sausage Dinner — 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, St. Teresa School, 1108 Lebanon Ave., Belleville. Quilt bingo at 1 p.m. Carryouts available by calling 618-235-4066.
- Fried Chicken — 4-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post. 22.
- Cribbage — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 1 Columbus Drive, Collinsville. Nine games against nine different opponents. Information: Phil at 618-288-7910 or Yvonne at 618-344-1521.
- Euchre Tournament — 7 p.m. Friday, Millstadt Senior Center, 102 S. Jefferson St., Millstadt.
- Glo Bingo — 7 p.m. Saturday, VFW Post 805, 223 W. 1st St., O’Fallon. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Proceeds benefit This Able Veteran. Cash bar. DJ, music. Bring your own snacks. Cost: $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Price includes 6 bingo cards, glow hat and glow dauber. ($5 per additional 6 bingo cards.) Tickets: Marcia, 618-581-8402.
- Cribbage — 7 p.m. Tuesday, Camelot Bowl, 801 Beltline Road, Collinsville. New players wanted. Information: Yvonne, 618-344-1521 or Phillip, 618-288-7910.
- Luncheon & Card Party — noon, Tuesday, St. Luke’s Parish Hall, 226 N. Church St., Belleville. Sponsored by St. Luke Perpetual Help Sodality. Cost: $7. Cards, bingo or any game you choose with prizes. Menu: Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes/gravy, glazed carrots, cake, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, water.
- Rummage Sale — 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday-Friday, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, Aviston American Legion, 601 S. Clinton, Aviston. Hosted by Aviston American Legion Auxiliary.
- Meat Shoot — noon Sunday, Elks Club, Lincoln Trail and Illinois 161, Fairview Heights. Practice at 11:30 a.m. Meat and money rounds, cake raffles.
- Millstadt — 7 p.m. Saturday, St. James Parish Center, 423 W. Madison St., Millstadt. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by Millstadt Historical Society. Cost: $100 per table of 8 (maximum) including Survivor round and many attendance prizes. Bring your own snacks. Reservations: Phyllis, 618-531-5648.
How to send your event
- Deadline: noon Monday. What’s Happening runs events happening from Thursday though the next Wednesday in Thursday’s Lifestyle section.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 618-236-9773
- Mail: What’s Happening, c/o Lifestyle, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427.
- Information: call 618-239-2537.
- Please include: Event, time, date, location, admission cost and special features. Also, a daytime phone number we can contact if we need more information.