- Dueling Pianos — 7 p.m. Friday, Wildey Theatre, 252 N. Main St., Edwardsville. Dueling Pianos (music, comedy & sing along). Tasting by Sugo’s Spaghetteria. Show and pre-show tasting, $14; show only, $8. Presented by the Edwardsville Parks Department.
- New Memphis — 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Friday-Saturday, Sit “N” Bull Saloon, 31 S. Mill St., New Memphis. Free. Kyle Yardley Blues Band on Friday; Just Another Band on Saturday.
- “Rock ‘N’ Roll Review — 7:30 p.m. (show) Saturday, Seasons Event Center, 1 Main Event Lane, Sparta. Featuring Scott Wattles and Blue Suede Crew performing songs of the 1950s through 1980s. Dinner at 6:30 p.m. Tickets: $35, VIP $45, advanced ticket sales necessary. For tickets call: 618-965-3726 or 618-967-9926, www.thegatheringplaceoffbroadway.com.
- Greenville College Concert Choir — 3 p.m. Sunday, St. Paul United Church of Christ, Sanctuary, 115 W. B St., Belleville. Greenville College Choir and Chamber Singers will perform “The Messiah,” featuring selections from Scandinavia, Germany, England, Spain, America.
- MUSIC Swing Dance Club — Lessons 7:30-8 p.m., open dancing 8-10 p.m. Thursday, Wild Country, 17 Gateway Drive, Collinsville. No partner or experience necessary. Cost: $5. Doors open at 7 p.m. Information: 618-292-5102 or www.musicswingdance.com.
- Country Dance — 8 p.m.-midnight Friday, Swansea Improvement Association, 216 Service St., Swansea. Music by Cactus Moon Band. Free admission.
- Collinsville Dance — 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday, Collinsville Senior Center, 420 E. Main St., Collinsville. PSOP Orchestra will play. Lunch served. Reservations: 618-344-7787.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
- Lucky Leprechaun 5K Run and St. Patrick’s Day Parade — Run starts at 9 a.m, parade starts at 11 a.m. Saturday, Third and West Main streets to East Main and Oak St., Belleville. Live music on Main Street after parade. Sponsored by Belleville Main Street Ancient Order of Hibernians. To register for the race, go to https://runsignup.com/Race/IL/Belleville/5KLuckyLeprechaun
- Quilt Show — 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Tilden Presbyterian Church, 721 Butler St., Tilden. Cost: $7. Includes, salad bar luncheon, quilt display, white elephant table, country kitchen.
- Touched by a Ribbon Quilt Show — 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Main Street United Methodist Church, 1400 Main St., Alton. Admission: $5 adults, children free (12 & under). Members’ quilts, quilt raffle, quilt appraisals, vendors, door prizes, craft tables. Viewers’ choice voting. Presented by Heartland Quilter’s Guild. Chairman’s Challenge quilts include ribbons representing various types of cancer that have affected members’ lives. Information: Debbie Weinman, 618-372-8787 or email@example.com.
- St. Pat’s Benefit — 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, W.P.E.O. Inc., 6103 N. Park Drive, Washington Park. Free hot dogs, chips, with donation of dog, cat food, smoke detectors, money, etc. Proceeds to benefit Dog and Cat Chapels of Jesus Christ; smoke detectors for seniors and needy families. 618-722-0348.
- Metro East Home & Garden Show — 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday; 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Campus Metro East Lutheran High School, 6305 Center Grove Road, Edwardsville. Vendors from all over the St. Louis metropolitan area. Shredding, recycling, pet adoptions, home maintenance and improvement, gardening experts. Concessions available.
- $2 Tuesday Movie — 7 p.m. Tuesday, Wildey Theatre, 252 N. Main St., Edwardsville. Movie: “The Help.” Tickets: $2, available 1 hour before showtime.
- 5K/10K Group Walk — 10 a.m. Tuesday, from the lobby of St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, 211 S. 3rd St., Belleville. Registration 9:45 a.m. $3 fee for all participants. Sponsored by The Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club. Stroll through historic Belleville.
- Star Gazing Party — 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Belleville Main Library, 121 E. Washington St., Belleville. Learn to use new telescopes. Meet inside. Open to all ages. Registration required by calling 618-234-0441.
- “Let’s Be Creative” luncheon — 10 a.m.-noon Wednesday, Bellecourt Manor, 225 E. A St., Belleville. Cost: $12 inclusive. Featuring Joni Doolin, independent demonstrator of Stampin’ Up products. Nancy Frable, of Lindenhurst, will speak on “Why Worry and Fret When You Can Have Inner Peace?” Reservations/cancellations: 618-398-0772, www.bellevilleCWCluncheon@hotmail.com . Sponsored by Belleville Metro East Christian Women’s Club.
- Art Auction — 7 p.m. Wednesday, Art West Gallery, Art & Design West Building, SIUE campus, Edwardsville. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets: $7 at the door. Free to all students and those who donated works, members of Friends of Art. Free food. Complimentary parking. Information: www.siue.edu/artsandsciences/art/friends.shtml.
- “The Other Family: Indentured Servants at Stephenson House” — 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays; noon-3 p.m. Sunday, Stephenson House, 409 S. Buchanan St., Edwardsville. Admission: $6 adults, $3 children (6-12), free (younger than 5). Learn about slavery in Illinois and the servants living at Stephenson house, read copies of runaway ads placed in area newspapers from 1817-1822 and participate in hands-on-activities. Information: 618-692-1818 or www.stephenson<code_dp>house.org.
- Aviston Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30-7 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton St., Aviston. Cod, catfish, shrimp, chicken strips, 1/4 fried chicken, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-228-7311.
- Breese Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Breese Knights of Columbus, 480 N. Walnut St., Breese. Dine in or carryout. Fish and sides.
- Caseyville Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carryout. Cod, catfish fillets, tilapia, sides.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. Information: 618-345-2508.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 4-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
- Ellis Grove Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Ellis Grove Fire Department, 501 Eggemeyer Plaza, Ellis Grove. Cod, catfish, shrimp, buffalo. Sides: Baked beans, fries, onion rings, slaw, hush puppies, potato salad, fried pickles, tea, coffee, soda, water, beer. Accepting donations of clothes, toys, household items for the Red Cross. Military discount available.
- Fairview Heights Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road. Walton’s Fish Fry. Serving jack salmon and wild-caught grilled salmon. Homemade desserts. Carryout: 618-632-5222.
- Freeburg Fish Bake & Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Joseph’s Parish Center, 6 N. Alton St., Freeburg. Baked cod, fried cod loins (plate, sandwich or pound), shrimp, grilled cheese, spaghetti, baked potato, green beans, onion rings, French fries, homemade slaw, mac and cheese, dessert, refreshments. Sponsored by the Support Committee. Eat in or carryout. 618-539-4720.
- Granite City Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Elizabeth Church, Granite City. Cod, catfish, pollock, jack salmon, shrimp. Eat in or carryout.
- Highland Fish Fry — 4-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carryout. 618-654-6367.
- Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carryout. 618-566-2288.
- Millstadt Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
- Millstadt Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt Sportsmen’s Club, 4915 Schmidt Lane, Millstadt. Cod, shrimp, walleye, desserts. Carryout available at 618-476-1891.
- New Athens Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, St. Agatha’s Church, Parish Center, Market & Mill St., New Athens. Eat in and carryout available. 618-475-3579.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hot dogs, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-632-6229.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651.
- O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryout available. 618-632-8879.
- Okawville Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 233, 205 N. Hanover St., Okawville. Eat in or carryout. 618-243-5528.
- Quail Club Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Quail Club, 8303 Concordia Church Road, Belleville. Cod, walleye, shrimp, wings, burgers, sides, desserts. Carryout available. No phone orders.
- St. Henry Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Monsignor Voss Center, 5305 W. Main St., Belleville. Sponsored by St. Henry Women’s and Men’s organizations. Codfish (sandwich, plate or pound), baked salmon and soup, slaw, spaghetti, french fries, onion rings, cheese pizza. Carryout available.
- St. Mary’s Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Mary Parish, basement, 1706 W. Main St., Belleville. Dine in or carryout. Cod or walleye, (sandwich, plate or by the pound), potato salad, French fries, onion rings, spaghetti, slaw, dessert.
- St. Teresa Fish Fry — 4:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, St. Teresa School, 1108 Lebanon Ave., Belleville. Cod plate, multiple sides, $9; Cod sandwich, $5. Cod available by pound. Sides includes hushpuppies, mushrooms, spaghetti, slaw, applesauce, more. Eat in or carryout.
- Scott VFW Fish Fry — 5-9 p.m. Friday, Scott VFW Post 4183, Belleville. Carry outs available. Order ahead: 618-746-9801. Lenten special: all-you-can-eat swai fish only, 3-6 p.m.; no carryout.
- Scottish Rite Fish Fry — 4:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, Scottish Rite Masonic Bodies, 1549 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville. By the pound, plate, sandwich. Contact 618-235-3350.
- Shiloh Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-624-5412. Auxiliary bake sale for charity.
- Smithton Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Smithton Turner Hall, 115 N. Julia St., Smithton. World Famous Fried Cod. Dine in or carryout. Homemade baked goods. Full menu online at www.smithtonturnerhall.com 618-277-9690.
- Summerfield Fish Fry — 5:30-8 p.m. Friday, Summerfield Lions Club, 100 E. Park St., Summerfield. 618-934-3841 or 618-334-3177.
- Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
- Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Ladies Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp. Dinners include bread and choice of two sides. Dine in or carryout. 618-667-8387.
- Lenzburg Pancake and Sausage Breakfast — 6 a.m.-noon Saturday, St. Peters United Church of Christ, West Church Street, Lenzburg. Whole hog sausage, made-from-scratch pancakes. 618-475-2557.
- St. Teresa, Marydale Chicken Dinner — 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, St. Teresa of Avila Church, 18021 Marydale Road (6 miles north of Carlyle on Illinois 127), Carlyle. Cost: $10 adults, $5 children. Carryout available. Quilt raffle, homemade bread, desserts and dressing.
- St. Bernard Breakfast — 8-11:30 a.m. Sunday, St. Bernard’s Parish Center, 206 N. Broadway (next door to the church), Albers. Pork sausage, ham, biscuits/gravy, eggs, fried potatoes, juice, milk, coffee. Basket raffle. Carryout available. Proceeds to benefit St. Bernard’s Church. Mass at 10 a.m. to honor grandparents and godparents.
- Baldwin Chicken Dinner — 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Sunday, St. John Lutheran Church, Baldwin. All-you-can-eat fried chicken, mashed potatoes/gravy, corn, green beans, slaw, drinks, desserts. Cost: $10 adults, $5 children (4-12), free (under 4) dining room only. Only 1/2 chicken dinners available as carryout. St. John Lutheran Ladies Aid hold a bake sale with proceeds to benefit Concordia Seminary Adopt-a-Student Program.
- Hamel Chicken Dinner — noon-6 p.m. Sunday, Immanuel United Church of Christ (1 1/2 miles south of Hamel), 5838 Staunton Road, Edwardsville. Family-style chicken dinner. Cost: $10 adults, $5 children (6-9), carryout $10. 618-633-2277.
- St. Patrick’s Day Dinner — 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, East Lodge 504, 9950 St. Clair Ave., Fairview Heights. Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, bread, drinks, desserts. Adults $10; ages 4-12, $5; under 4 free. Carryouts available. Presented by Queen City No. 697 O.E.S.
- Millstadt Spaghetti Dinner — 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, Trinity Lutheran Church, 503 E. Washington St., Millstadt. Cost: $9 adults, $5 children. All you can eat. Spaghetti, salad (featuring Papa Vito’s Salad Dressing), breadsticks, dessert, drinks. Carryout available.
- Lebanon Chicken Dinner — 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, St. Paul’s Church, 123 E. Dee St., Lebanon. Fried chicken, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, applesauce, slaw, homemade desserts. All you care to eat. Eat in, drive-through carryouts. Adult, $10; under 10, $5; under 2, free. 618-537-4991.
- Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. For carryout, call 618-632-5222.
- Fried Chicken — 4-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post. 22.
- Cribbage — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 1 Columbus Drive, Collinsville. Nine games against nine different opponents. Information: Phil at 618-288-7910 or Yvonne at 618-344-1521.
- Big Money Cash Bingo —7 p.m. Friday, St. John’s Catholic School, 519 Hazel St., Red Bud. Doors open 4:30 p.m. Cost: $70 regular games, $100 special, $500 coverall. Food and cash bar.
- Euchre Tournament — 7 p.m. Friday, Smithton Senior Center.
- Cribbage — 7 p.m. Tuesday, Camelot Bowl, 801 Beltline Road, Collinsville. New players wanted. Information: Yvonne, 618-344-1521 or Phillip, 618-288-7910.
- Rummage Sale — 8 a.m.-noon Saturday, First United Presbyterian Church, 1303 Royal Heights Road, Belleville. $2 a bag from 11 a.m. to noon.
- “Clue, the Musical” — 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, New Athens Multi-Purpose Center, 208 Kaskaskia St., New Athens. Sponsored by Open House Theatre Youth Program. Thursday performance tickets, $5. Friday-Saturday adult tickets, $10; children (under 12) $5. All reserve seating, $10. Call 618-845-6123 or 618-475-3248 for tickets.
- “The Glass Menagerie” — 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and March 17-19; 2 p.m. Sunday and March 20, Looking Glass Playhouse, 301 W. St. Louis St., Lebanon. Thursday and Sunday tickets: $10 adults, $9 seniors, students, military, $9 wheelchair and wheelchair companion; Friday and Saturday tickets, $12; $11. Get tickets by calling 618-537-4962 or www.lookingglassplayhouse.com
- Meat Shoot & BBQ — noon-dusk Saturday, Caseyville Moose Lodge No. 4, 8550 Bunkum Road, Caseyville. Barbecue, meat shoot, meat wheel, ribs, pork steaks, chicken, pulled pork, homemade sides. Sponsored by Loyal Order of Moose Lodge No. 4.
- Meat Shoot — noon Sunday, Elks Club, Lincoln Trail and Illinois 161, Fairview Heights. Practice at 11:30 a.m. Meat and money rounds, cake raffles.
- Rifle Shoot — noon Sunday, Millstadt Sportsmen’s Club, 4915 Schmidt Lane, Millstadt. Indoor .22 rifle shoot. Sights only. Refreshments available.
- Belleville — 7 p.m. Saturday, St. Luke’s Parish Hall, 226 N. Church St., Belleville. Doors open at 6 p.m. Sponsored by the Belleville Historical Society. Answer Man Roger Schlueter is the emcee. Cost: $10 per person, tables of 8. 50/50 drawing, silent auction. Bring your own snacks. Drinks available for purchase. Reservations: Amanda, 618-409-1575 or Debbie, 618-406-0488.
- Freeburg — 7 p.m. Saturday, St. Joseph Catholic Church Parish Center, 2 N. Alton St., Freeburg. Cost: $20 per person, tables are $120 for 8 people. Presented by The Belleville West High School Girls’ Soccer Team. Walk-ins welcome, reservations referred. Bring your own snacks. All beverages purchased at the event. Games, 50/50, silent auction. Reservations: 618-980-8791.
- Highland — 7 p.m. Saturday, John Wildi Masonic Temple, 721 9th St., Highland. “A Night on Broadway,” sponsored by Hard Road Theatre. Cost: $100 per table (8 people per table maximum). Free snacks, silent auction, 50/50 raffle. Themed table decorating contest. Reserve table at 618-409-6286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- O’Fallon — 6 p.m. Saturday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. Highway 50, O’Fallon. Trivia, bingo, raffles, silent auction. Cost: $25 per person, $200 for table of 10. Live music after. Proceeds benefit Jessica Uhl Scholarship Fund at SIUE and the Kelli Uhl Scholarship Fund at Collinsville Memorial Educational Foundation. Reservations: Kim Schlau, 618-407-2321 or email@example.com.
How to send your event
- Deadline: noon Monday. What’s Happening runs events happening from Thursday though the next Wednesday in Thursday’s Lifestyle section.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 618-236-9773
- Mail: What’s Happening, c/o Lifestyle, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427.
- Information: call 618-239-2537.
- Please include: Event, time, date, location, admission cost and special features. Also, a daytime phone number we can contact if we need more information.