- Reyes Family Benefit Dance — 6 p.m. Saturday, McCormick Center, Cathedral Campus, 301 S. First St., Belleville. Eric Reyes, of Fairview Heights, was paralyzed after falling out of a tree. Cost: $20 per person, includes chicken wings, beer, wine, soda. Evening raffles, silent auction, 50/50, Apple watch, wheelbarrow of booze. Music provided by Neon Cadilac and DJ Music by Mark Schifferdecker. Get tickets by contacting Shannon at email@example.com or Matt, 618-978-7125. Must be 21 to attend.
- Rock For The Miner’s — 6:30-11 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia St., Collinsville. Features four area bands: Harvest Drive, Quarter Draw Band, Sweet n Sour, D.C. Cusanelli. Sponsored by Scott Credit Union. Tickets: $10, $5 children, (12 & under), available at the door. Tickets in advance at Collinsville Chamber of Commerce, 221 W. Main St., online at www.historicminersinstitute.org. Proceeds to benefit Miner’s Institute Foundation.
- New Memphis — 4-8 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Outside on the “Back Porch,” Sit “N” Bull Saloon, 31 S. Mill St., New Memphis. Free. Fallin’ Off The Wagon on Saturday; Clusterpluck on Sunday.
- Allegiance Trio — 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Grace Baptist Church, 2600 Edwards St., Granite City. Gospel music. No charge. Free will offering taken. Information: 618-87-6672, www.allegiancetrio.com.
- Belleville Philharmonic Youth Orchestra — 3 p.m. Sunday, Belleville East High School’s Performing Arts Center, 2555 West Blvd., Belleville. Admission: $2. Information: www.bellevillephilharmonic.org.
- MUSIC Swing Dance Club — Lessons 7:30-8 p.m., open dancing 8-10 p.m. Thursday, Wild Country, 17 Gateway Drive, Collinsville. No partner or experience necessary. Cost: $5. First-time guests free. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Senior Center Dance — 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday, Collinsville Senior Center, 420 E. Main St., Collinsville. Lunch served. Music by PSOP Orchestra. Reservation: Al, 618-344-7787.
- 3-Mile Walk — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, starts in the lobby of Belleville East YMCA, 2627 Carlyle Ave., Belleville. Registration at 6:15 p.m. $3 fee. Sponsored by Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fishing Tournament — 4 p.m.-dusk Thursday, Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. Sponsored by Riverhouse Bass Club. Cost: $20 per fisherman. Information: 618-475-2223.
- Kruz4Kids Car Cruise — 6-10 p.m. Friday, Syberg’s, 1310 Central Park Drive, O’Fallon. Fundraiser for Joshua’s Great Things to find a cure for childhood cancer.
- Bluegrass Festival — 1 p.m. Saturday, on the square in Greenville. Bluegrass music, flea market, food vendors, beer garden (by Greenville VFW Post 1377). Proceeds to benefit veterans with burial expenses.
- Celebrate Cahokia — 1-4 p.m. Saturday, Cahokia Park, 200 Cahokia Park Drive, Cahokia. Free. Live music, bounce house, face painting. Hot dogs, popcorn, snow cones, cotton candy, tea, bottled water. Attendance prizes, Fire truck on display with Smoke House for kids. Jarrot Mansion will be open for free tours. Sponsored by Cahokia Connections Church Alliance. Bring a lawn chair or blanket.
- Lebanon Car Cruise — 5-9 p.m. Saturday, brick street, Lebanon. Vintage and antique cars on display.
- Golf Tournament — 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Oak Brook Golf Course, 9157 Fruit Road, Edwardsville. Registration at 7:30 a.m. Benefits HIS KIDS Cancer Support. All-inclusive tournament: 18 holes with cart, range balls, mulligan, 50/50, prize raffle, skins game, longest drive (men & women), closest to the pin, flighted prizes, putt-off contest, lunch, food, beverages, all for $400 per team (4 players). Call 618-654-4020 or email email@example.com
- Run For Fun — 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday, Mascoutah Clubhouse, 2219 N. 3rd St., Fayetteville. Sponsored by Mad Dogs Motorcycle Club. All vehicles welcome.
- 5K/10K Walk — 8:20-11 a.m. Saturday, Plaza Square, Illinois 160 at Broadway and Washington streets, Highland. Hosted by Lebanon Cedar Cruisers and Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club. $3 fee for all participants. Information: Bill Malina, 618-588-497 or www.illinois-trekkers.org.
- Point of Departure Event — 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Lewis and Clark State Historic Site, Hartford. Re-enactors will portray members of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, military groups and artisans demonstrating crafts of the 1800s. Free.
- St. Jacob UCC Strawberry Festival — 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, St. Jacob Township Park. Five bicycling rides organized by Trailnet Bicycle Club. Food includes brats, hot dogs, chicken kabobs, strawberries, strawberry pie, strawberry crumble and ice cream. Children’s activities, entertainment and more than 20 crafters.
- Cahokia Mounds Kids Day — 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site near Collinsville. Children learn about Native American culture and crafts during this free event. Activities include making arrowheads from flint, launching spears with an atlatl throwing tool, identifying animal pelts and tracks and making clay pinch pots. Face painting, stories, free photo booth. Performances buy the Kahok Dancers at 2 and 4 p.m. Hands-on activities, crafts, games and dancing.
- Kids Fishing Rodeo — noon -2 p.m. Sunday, Quail Club, 8303 Concordia Church Road, Belleville. Sponsored by Ainad Shriners & Valley of Southern Illinois Scottish Rite Masons. For grade 8 and younger; must be accompanied by an adult. Bring your own pole. Worms will be provided. Registration at 11 a.m. Hotdogs and soft drinks provided. Information: Brian, 618-971-9411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5K/10K Group Walk — 10 a.m. Tuesday, Belleville East YMCA, 2627 Carlyle Ave., Belleville. Sponsored by the Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club. Register at 9:45 a.m. $3 fee for all participants. Information: email@example.com
- Car Cruise — 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dandy Inn, 1030 Lincoln Highway, Fairview Heights. All food and beverages must be purchased from Dandy Inn.
- Barbecue — 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Turkey Hill Grange Hall, corner of Green Mount Road and Illinois 15 (near Eckert’s), Belleville. Pork steaks, pulled pork sandwich, brats, potato salad, baked beans, slaw, chunky applesauce, cucumber salad, brownies, cobbler, pie, cake, canned drinks. Kids meal. Carryouts available.
- Aviston Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton St., Aviston. Cod, catfish, shrimp, chicken strips, 1/4 fried chicken, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-228-7311.
- Caseyville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carryout. Cod, catfish fillets, tilapia, sides.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. Information: 618-345-2508.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carryout. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
- Fairview Heights Fish Fry — 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road. Walton’s Fish Fry. Serving jack salmon and wild-caught grilled salmon. Homemade desserts. Carryout: 618-632-5222.
- Freeburg Fish Fry & Bake — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Joseph’s Parish Center, 6 N. Alton St., Freeburg. Baked cod, fried cod loins (plate, sandwich or pound), shrimp, grilled cheese, spaghetti, baked potato, green beans, onion rings, French fries, homemade slaw, mac/cheese, dessert, refreshments. Sponsored by the Support Committee. Eat in or carry out. 618-539-4720.
- Highland Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carry out. 618-654-6367.
- Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carryout. 618-566-2288.
- Millstadt Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hot dogs, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-632-6229.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651.
- O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryout available. 618-632-8879.
- Okawville Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 233, 205 N. Hanover St., Okawville. Eat in or carry out. 618-243-5528.
- Scott VFW Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-9 p.m. Friday, Scott VFW Post 4183, Belleville. Carryout by calling 618-746-9801.
- Shiloh Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Sides. Eat in or carry out. 618-624-5412. Auxiliary bake sale for charity.
- Summerfield Fish Fry — 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Summerfield Lions Club, 100 E. Park St., Summerfield. 618-934-3841 or 618-334-3177.
- Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
- Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp. Dinners include bread and choice of two sides. Dine in or carryout. 618-667-8387.
- Lions Barbecue — 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday, O’Fallon Southview Plaza (next to McDonald’s). Rain date is Sunday. Pork steaks, brats, hamburgers, hot dogs (sandwiches or dinner) with choice of two sides (potato salad, cole slaw, applesauce, baked beans). Benefits sight or hearing impaired people in need. Sponsored by O’Fallon-Fairview Lions Club.
- Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. For carryout, call 618-632-5222.
- Fried Chicken — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post. 22.
- Euchre Tournament — 7 p.m. Friday, Smithton Senior Center.
- Swansea Farmer’s Market — 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, Rural King parking lot, Illinois 159, Swansea.
- Old Town Market — 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturday, West Main and First streets, in the parking lot of the St. Clair County Public Health Department, downtown Belleville. Locally grown produce, plants, honey, baked goods, summer sausage, apple butter, jams and jellies, homemade soaps, handmade jewelry and other crafts. Information: 618-233-2015 or www.bellevillemainstreet.net.
- Vendor/Craft Fair Fundraiser — noon-4 p.m. Saturday, American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. Chinese raffle (ticket raffle), 50/50, shopping spree raffle every hour. Tickets: $5 for 6, $10 for 15, $20 head to toe. Benefiting CHADS Coalition for Mental Health.
- “Fiddler on the Roof” — 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday, Looking Glass Playhouse, 301 W. St. Louis St., Lebanon. Tickets are $10-$12 with discounts for students, senior citizens and military. www.lookingglassplayhous.com
- O’Fallon — 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Knight of Columbus Hall, 402 East U.S. Highway 50, O’Fallon. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Cost: $100 per table (maximum of 8 person table), bring your own food (drinks available at bar), . Mulligans, silent auction, heads and tails, 50/50. Reserve a table: 618-420-1340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to send your event
- Deadline: noon Monday. What’s Happening runs events happening from Thursday though the next Wednesday in Thursday’s Lifestyle section.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 618-236-9773
- Mail: What’s Happening, c/o Lifestyle, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427.
- Information: call 618-239-2537.
- Please include: Event, time, date, location, admission cost and special features. Also, a daytime phone number we can contact if we need more information.