- New Athens Concerts — 8 p.m.-midnight Friday; 2-6 p.m. and 7-11 p.m.Saturday; 3-7 p.m. Monday, Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. Free. Music by Boogiemen on Friday; Low Dog and Simple Therapy on Saturday; Motown Madness on Monday.
- New Memphis — 4-8 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Outside on the “Back Porch,” Sit “N” Bull Saloon, 31 S. Mill St., New Memphis. Free. Stan Denton & The Wanted on Saturday; Chapman Brothers on Sunday.
- Joey Feek Tribute Concert — 6 p.m. Sunday, Prospect Park United Methodist Church, 9100 Richfield Road, Fairview Heights. Performed by B-C-D —Billy Barnett, Helen Campbell and Wally Davis. Pot luck at 5:30 p.m. Free will offering.
- Kaskaskia River Jam — noon-midnight Sunday, Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. Featuring Jake Stitzel, White Collar Recession, Lil Sister, Morrison Motel (Doors tribute), Gypsy Jones and Red, White and Floyd (Pink Floyd tribute). General admission: $10.
- MUSIC Swing Dance Club — Lessons 7:30-8 p.m., open dancing 8-10 p.m. Thursday, Wild Country, 17 Gateway Drive, Collinsville. No partner or experience necessary. Cost: $5. First-time guests free. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Country Western Dance — 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, Collinsville Senior Center, 420 E. Main St., Collinsville. Music by The Country Western Band for dancing.
- Fishing Tournament — 4 p.m.-dusk Thursday, Riverhouse Bass Club, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. Cost: $20 each fisherman. Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 618-475-2223.
- 3-Mile Walk — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Belleville East YMCA, 2627 Carlyle Ave., Belleville. Register at 6:15 p.m. $3 fee for all participants. Sponsored by Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club. If weather is inclement, meet at Schnuck’s, 625 Lincoln Highway, Fairview Heights at 6:15 to register, then walk St. Clair Square Mall.
- Foz Ryan Golf Classic — 12:30 p.m. Friday, Oak Brook Golf Course, Edwardsville. Registration: $85 per player and includes an 18-hole round of golf, cart, lunch, dinner, prizes. 50-50 drawing and silent auction. Benefits Special Olympics Illinois. Event presented by FCE Benefit Administrators and sponsored by Arco Constructions Co., Fast-Rite International and GCS Credit Union. Information: 618-654-6680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pinta, Nina in Grafton — 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday through June 5, The Loading Dock, 401 Front St., Grafton. Departure date Monday morning, June 6. Admission: $8 adults, $7 seniors, $6 students (5-16), free children (4 & under). Teachers/organizations wishing to schedule a 30 minute guided tour with a crew member, call 787-672-2152 or email@example.com (minimum of 15, $5 per person).
- Italian-American Days Festival — 4 p.m. Friday-Saturday; 11 a.m. Sunday; 12 p.m. Monday, Benld City Park, Benld. On Friday, carnival armbands, 6-10 p.m. for $20; All Mixed Up Band, 7:30-11:30 p.m. On Saturday, carnival rides, $2 each, 4-10 p.m. Music by Agent 99, m 7:30-11:30 p.m. Sunday, Free ton of spaghetti; music by Bagna Caulda Combo from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Avery Hill from 3-7 p.m., Smash from 7:30-11:30 p.m. Carnival armbands, $20. Bocce Ball Tournament starts at noon (registration at 11 a.m. in the beer tent). On Monday, armbands, 1-5 p.m. for $20. Bingo at 7 p.m. Friday through Sunday and 1 p.m. Monday. Fish stand open at 4 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
- 5K/10K Walk — 2 p.m. Sunday, YMCA, 284 N. 7 Hills Road, O’Fallon. Register at 1:45 p.m. $3 fee for all participants. Sponsored by Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club.
- Belleville Memorial Day Parade — 10 a.m. Monday, downtown Belleville. Parade starts at Second and West Main streets, heads east on Main to Mascoutah Avenue to Walnut Hill Cemetery. A memorial service will be held after the parade, approximately 11 a.m., at the cemetery. All area veterans are encouraged to march in the parade.
- Hecker Memorial Day — 10 a.m. Monday, St. Augustine’s Cemetery, Hecker. Speakers, music, flyover, recognition of veterans, dignitaries. In case of rain it will be in the Hecker Community Center.
- Memorial Day Mass — 9 a.m. Monday, Mount Carmel Catholic Cemetery, Belleville. In case of rain, Mass will be held in the Peace Chapel.
- Memorial Day Mass — 11 a.m. Monday, outdoors at Holy Cross Cemetery, Fairview Heights.
- 5K/10K Group Walk — 10 a.m. Monday, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, 211 S. Third St., Belleville. Register at 9:45 a.m. $3 fee for all participants. Wear your red, white and blue. Sponsored by Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club.
- 5K/10K Walk — 10 a.m. Tuesday, Casey’s, 70 S. Main St., Glen Carbon. Register at 9:45 a.m. $3 fee for all participants. Walkers will drive to the Library to park. Bring water. Sponsored by Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club.
- Free Summer Movie Series — 10 a.m. Tuesday-Wednesday, Lincoln Theatre, 103 E. Main St., Belleville. Movie: “Despicable Me.”
- Car Cruise — 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dandy Inn, 1030 Lincoln Highway, Fairview Heights. All food and beverages must be purchased from Dandy Inn.
- Barbecue — 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Turkey Hill Grange Hall, corner of Green Mount Road and Illinois 15 (near Eckert’s), Belleville. Pork steaks, pulled pork sandwich, brats, potato salad, baked beans, slaw, chunky applesauce, cucumber salad, brownies, cobbler, pie, cake, canned drinks. Kids meal. Carryouts available.
- Aviston Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton St., Aviston. Cod, catfish, shrimp, chicken strips, 1/4 fried chicken, sides. Eat in or carry out. 618-228-7311.
- Caseyville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carryout. Cod, catfish fillets, tilapia, sides.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. Information: 618-345-2508.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carr yout. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
- Fairview Heights Fish Fry — 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road. Walton’s Fish Fry. Serving jack salmon and wild-caught grilled salmon. Homemade desserts. Carryout: 618-632-5222.
- Highland Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carry out. 618-654-6367.
- Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carryout. 618-566-2288.
- Millstadt Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hot dogs, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-632-6229.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651.
- O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryout available. 618-632-8879.
- Scott VFW Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-9 p.m. Friday, Scott VFW Post 4183, Belleville. Carryout by calling 618-746-9801.
- Shiloh Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Sides. Eat in or carry out. 618-624-5412. Auxiliary bake sale for charity.
- Summerfield Fish Fry — 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Summerfield Lions Club, 100 E. Park St., Summerfield. 618-934-3841 or 618-334-3177.
- Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
- Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp.
- Barbecue — 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Nameoki United Methodist Church (under the canopy), 1900 Pontoon Road, Granite City. Sides: potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans. Pork steaks, brats, hotdogs (plate lunches or sandwiches). All three sides go with the plate lunches. Delivery in the area with an order of 5 or more plate lunches. Place order at 618-877-1936.
- Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. For carryout, call 618-632-5222.
- Fried Chicken — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post. 22.
- Euchre Tournament — 7 p.m. Friday, Millstadt Senior Center, 102 S. Jefferson, Millstadt.
- Swansea Farmer’s Market — 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, Rural King parking lot, Illinois 159, Swansea.
- Old Town Market — 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturday, West Main and First streets, in the parking lot of the St. Clair County Public Health Department, downtown Belleville. Locally grown produce, plants, honey, baked goods, summer sausage, apple butter, jams and jellies, homemade soaps, handmade jewelry and other crafts.
- “Pump Boys and Dinettes” — 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday and June 3-4; 2 p.m. Sunday and June 5, Metcalf Theater, campus of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Ticket prices: $15 adults, $12 seniors, SIUE students with a valid ID, admitted free. The Pump Boys run Highway 57 in Grand Ole Opry countryand the Dinettes run the Double Cupp diner next door. Together, they fashion an evening of country-western songs that received unanimous raves on and off Broadway. “Pump Boys and Dinettes” was nominated for a Tony Award in 1982. Presented by Summer Showbiz 2016. Information/tickets: 618-650-2774. Directions: www.siue.edu/maps.
How to send your event
- Deadline: noon Monday. What’s Happening runs events happening from Thursday though the next Wednesday in Thursday’s Lifestyle section.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 618-236-9773
- Mail: What’s Happening, c/o Lifestyle, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427.
- Information: call 618-239-2537.
- Please include: Event, time, date, location, admission cost and special features. Also, a daytime phone number we can contact if we need more information.