- Concert at Bellevue Park — 7-8:15 p.m. Thursday, 401 Bellevue Park Drive, Belleville. Music by Country Music Machine. Free. Bring lawn chairs.
- Grafton’s Music in the Park — 7 p.m. Thursday, The Grove Memorial Park, corner of Main Street and Market (Route 3) in downtown Grafton. Free. Bring lawn chair or blanket. 50/50 drawing during the concert. Bring a can or dry food donation for Grafton Food Pantry. Music by Jon Evans (Country).
- Nashville Park Concert Series — 6 p.m. Thursday, Memorial Park, Nashville. Free. Featuring George Portz & His Friends of Bluegrass from 6-8 p.m. Free popcorn. Sponsored by the City of Nashville.
- First Concert of Summer Season — 8 p.m. Thursday, Edwardsville City Park, near the library, 112 S. Buchanan St., Edwardsville. Free. Featuring four trumpet soloists. Concession stand by The League of Women Voters. Information: www.edwband.com.
- Jubilant Jazzfest — 7 p.m. Saturday, Faith Lutheran Church, 520 E. Highway 50, O’Fallon. Featuring Jubilant Jazz Big Band, Trombones 4, Women’s Quartet and vocalists, Becky Filkins & Don Schafer. Ice cream sundaes following the concert. Freewill offering for Faith’s Concert Series. Information: 618-632-5562.
- “Trombonanza” — 7-9 p.m. Saturday, Eckert’s Country Store, Illinois Route 15, Belleville. Part of Eckert Summer Music Festival. Free. Bring a lawn chair. Information: Carol Eckert, 618-235-3876 or Aaron Eckert, 618-954-9976.
- Purina Farms “Countrytyme” — 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Purina Farms, 200 Checkerboard Lane, Gray Summit, Mo. Free admission. Featuring George Portz & Friends of Bluegrass; Worthington Family Band; Moore Family Bluegrass; Thunder & Lightning Cloggers; Eric Thompson; harmonica champion; Deven Mahale, junior fiddle champion; Mississippi Mudpuppies Cajun Music. Hay rides, straw maze, food and drink.
- New Memphis — 4-8 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Outside on the Back Porch, Sit “N” Bull Saloon, 31 S. Mill St., New Memphis. Free. Razed On Radio on Saturday; Clusterpluck on Sunday.
- Special Music — 10 a.m. Sunday, Christ United Church of Christ, 26 N. 14th St., Belleville. Featuring Gloryway Quartet. Free will offering will be accepted.
- Concerts at the Square — 7 p.m. Monday, 10 Public Square, Belleville. Free. Music by Vince K. Bring you lawn chairs.
- Square and Round Dancing — 7-9:30 p.m. Friday, Caseyville Township Building, 10001 Bunkum Road, Fairview Heights. Mike Corns calling squares and cuing rounds. Sponsored by Dancy Dancers.
- Country Music Dance — 8 p.m.-midnight Friday, Swansea Improvement Association, 216 Service St., Swansea. Music by Cactus Moon Band. Free admission.
- Ballroom Dance — 7:30-10:30 p.m. Saturday, Belleville/Swansea Moose Lodge, 2425 N. Illinois St., Swansea. Music by The Renditions.
- MUSIC Social Dance Club — Lessons 7:30-8 p.m., open dancing 8-10 p.m. Thursday, Wild Country, 17 Gateway Drive, Collinsville. Band is Fanfare. No partner or experience necessary. Cost: $5. First-time guests free. Doors open at 7 p.m.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
- Nashville Concert Series — 6 p.m. Thursday, Memorial Park, Nashville. George Portz & The Friends of Bluegrass. Free.
- 3-Mile Evening Walk — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, YMCA, 284 North 7 Hills Road, O’Fallon. Register at 6:15 p.m. $3 fee for all participants. Walk through beautiful neighborhoods and pass the Veteran’s Memorial. Bring water to drink. Remember insect repellent. Information: Susan, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.illinois-trekkers.org.
- Bass Fishing Tournament — 4 p.m.-dusk Thursday, Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. Cost: $20 per fisherman. Sponsored by Riverhouse Bass Club.
- Craft Brew Walk — 5-9 p.m. Friday, 223 W. Main to 316 E. Main in downtown Belleville. 20 participating locations. Craft beers. $25 for 15 three-ounce pours and sampling mug. Host: Belleville Main Street Committee.
- Troy Fun in the Park — 6-8:15 p.m. Friday, Tri-Township Park, Troy. Entertainment: Storm Troopers, Lightsaber Fan Club. Movie: “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” Free food, drinks, games. Bring lawn chairs or blanket.
- Backyard BBQ — 9 a.m. Friday, LaBest Pet Resort & Spa, 4933 Indian Hills Drive, Edwardsville. Cost: $9.95 (additional to day care). Grilled beef hot dogs and a watermelon treat. Sprinkler fun and all the bubbles your dog could dream of popping with a Bubble Pop Mania. Information: 618-692-6399 or www.labestinc.net.
- Pie Social With Sam Brown — 2:30-3:30 p.m. Friday, Cambridge House, 844 Cambridge Blvd., O’Fallon. No cost. Back by popular demand country singer plays guitar, used to play with Crystal Gail.
- New Baden June Jamboree — 6 p.m. Friday, to 1 a.m., 5 p.m. Saturday, to 1 a.m., New Baden Village Park. Presented by Sons of the American Legion. On Friday, food, beer stands and carnival rides open, 6 p.m.; music by Avery Hill, 8 p.m. On Saturday, 5K Walk/Run, 8 a.m. (registration at 7); parade, 5 p.m.; stands and rides open 5 p.m.; Beaucoup Bottom Band, 8 p.m.
- Glen Carbon Homecoming — Friday and Saturday, Glen Carbon. Parade with the theme Hometown Heroes is at 5 p.m. Saturday. Covered Bridge Run. Live entertainment, rides, arts and crafts.
- Maeystown Homecoming — Friday and Saturday, Maeystown. Parade at 6 p.m. Saturday.
- Train Shows — 5-8 p.m. Friday; 3-8 p.m. Saturday, Old Fire House/Village Hall, 180 Summit St., Glen Carbon. Watch the trains running on the club’s 18x27 foot HO scale model railroad. Admission and snacks are free. Hosted by the Metro East Model Railroad Club. Information: Bill, 618-254-6596 or Bob, 618-476-9228, or www.trainweb.org/memrc.
- Boulderdash Bash — 6 p.m.-12 a.m. Friday; 3 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Saturday; 2-7 p.m. Sunday, Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens.
- St. Agatha Parish Picnic — 4-11:30 p.m. Saturday, 207 S. Market, New Athens. Grilled dinners served from 4-7 p.m. in the parish hall; sandwich stand until 11:30 p.m. Quilt bingo, 7:30-10:30. Wine garden. Music by Sweet & Sour, 7-11 p.m. Poker, raffles, washers. Pony rides, bounce houses, kids games, dunking booth.
- YEAH Music Festival — 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, Moody Park, Fairview Heights. Headline is three-time Grammy nominee Oleta Adams. Children’s tent with a llama/alpaca petting area, childrens activities. Free.
- Troy Citywide Garage Sale — 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Tri-Township Park and throughout Troy. Maps and descriptions of items to be sold at www.troymaryvillecoc.com after June 11.
- Quarter Auction Fundraiser — noon-4 p.m. Saturday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia (Route 159), Collinsville. Auction starts 1 p.m. 50/50 Chinese raffle, shop/book with vendors and be entered into a special drawing. $5 bid paddle (quarters needed), $20 all in paddle (no quarters needed). Information: Dee, 618-741-9873 or email@example.com (enter Vendor Event in subject line).
- Great Rivers Festival — noon-7 p.m. Saturday, National Great Rivers Museum, No. 2 Locks and Dam Way, Alton. Music from Whiskey Drive, food and drink vendors, local art vendors, more. Bird shows from the TreeHouse Wildlife Center and an appearance by Serengeti Steve: The Reptile Experience. Archery, catch-and-release trout fishing, birdhouse building, sand and chalk art, and lessons on how to catch and prepare Asian carp. Show times and events: www.mtrf.org. Information: 618-462-6979.
- Jazzfest & Ice Cream Social — 7 p.m. Saturday, Faith Lutheran Church, 520 E. Highway 50, O’Fallon. Gathering music will start at 6:45 p.m. Featuring Jubilant Jazz and Company. Ice cream social to follow concert.
- 5K/10K Walk — 8-11 a.m. Saturday, Berts Chuck Wagon, 101 W. Main St., Collinsville. $3 fee for all participants. Sponsored by Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club. 5K walkers to see downtown Collinsville; 10K walkers to include the Willoughby Heritage Farm hiking trail with is rated 3D. Walking poles or sticks needed to walk this portion of the trail (on loan by the farm). Hiking boots recommended. Optional 10K trail (rated 1A) includes the Catsup Bottle Water Tower and two cemeteries. Walkers can walk 20K for the $3 fee and receive IVV credit. Information: Diane, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.illinois-trekkers.org.
- Greenville Graffiti Car Show — Saturday, 1200 Jr. High Drive, Greenville. Registration from 9 a.m.-noon. Awards at 3 p.m. Open to 1991 and older cars and trucks for judging. $15 entry fee for judging; $7 entry fee for display only. DJ playing classic oldies, food, vendor fair, more. Meet three cast members of TV’s “Happy Days” who will sign autographs from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (celebrities do charge for autographs). Information: 618-66-9272, www.greenvilleilchamber.org.
- Bake Sale and Tee Shirt Sale — 10 a.m. Saturday, Millstadt IGA Parking Lot, 625 E. Washington, Millstadt. Sponsored by Friends of the Old Millstadt Water Tower. Featuring home-baked goodies. All proceeds to go the restoration and preservation of the Old Millstadt Water Tower. Reservations: Betty, 618-476-7326 or email@example.com.
- Adopt a New Pet — 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Ever & Anon Park, corner of East Main & Mascoutah Ave., Belleville. Sponsors: St. Clair County Dr. Tom Amlung Adoption Center and the Belleville Animal Clinic.
- Eclectic Band Returns — 7 p.m. Saturday, Jacoby Arts Center, 627 E. Broadway, Alton. Featuring Typsy Gypsy. Tickets: $10 at door or http://jacobyartscenter.org/events.
- 6/18 Day — 10 a.m. Saturday, Parade starting at East St. Louis Sr. High School, going to Jones Park by JJK Center, East St. Louis. Featuring sandal giveaways, bounce houses, free food, haircuts, music. Washington Park and Centreville mayors speak with youth.
- Live Music — 3-7 p.m. Saturday, Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. Live music at the Tiki Bar featuring Fire & Wine.
- Peace Fest 2 — 4-9 p.m. Sunday, downtown East St. Louis on Collinsville Ave. Featuring Grammy nominated R&B diva Syleena Johnson, with special guest Fresco Kane. Free event.
- Porta Westfalica German Festival — 4 p.m. Tuesday, Square in downtown Waterloo. Free. Pork sausage and potato pancakes. Music by the Waterloo German Band and the Waterloo Municipal Band. German Biergarden. Parade with floats and marching bands.
- Belleville Speaker Series — 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, PSOP, 201 N. Church St., Belleville. Free. The event “Brewing in Belleville: Then & Now” is sponsored by Programs and Services for Older Persons, Belleville Historical Society and Main Street Brewing Co. 4204. Learn about Belleville’s rich brewing history if you are a fan of ales, lagers and dark browns.
- 5K/10K Group Walk — 9 a.m. Tuesday, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, 211 S. 3rd St., Belleville. Register at 8:45 a.m. $3 fee for all participants. Walk through historic Belleville, 10K group will walk on a portion of the Richland Creek Greenway. Bring water to drink. Information: Trudy, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.illinois-trekkers.org.
- Free Summer Movie Series — 10 a.m. Tuesday-Wednesday, Lincoln Theatre, 103 E. Main St., Belleville. Movie: “Home.”
- Car Cruise — 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dandy Inn, 1030 Lincoln Highway, Fairview Heights. All food and beverages must be purchased from Dandy Inn.
- Pre Street Machine Nationals Party & Car Cruise — Wednesday, Gateway Classic Cars, 1237 Central Park Drive, O’Fallon.
- Barbecue — 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Turkey Hill Grange Hall, corner of Green Mount Road and Illinois 15 (near Eckert’s), Belleville. Pork steaks, pulled pork sandwich, brats, potato salad, baked beans, slaw, chunky applesauce, cucumber salad, brownies, cobbler, pie, cake, canned drinks. Kids meal. Carryout available.
- Aviston Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton St., Aviston. Cod, catfish, shrimp, chicken strips, 1/4 fried chicken, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-228-7311.
- Caseyville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carryout. Cod, catfish fillets, tilapia, sides.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. Information: 618-345-2508.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carryout. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
- Walton’s Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus, Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road. Serving homemade desserts. Carryout: 618-632-5222.
- Highland Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carryout. 618-654-6367.
- Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carryout. 618-566-2288.
- Millstadt Fish Fry and Jam Session — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hot dogs, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-632-6229.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651.
- O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryout available. 618-632-8879.
- Okawville Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 233, 205 N. Hanover St., Okawville. Eat in or carry out. 618-243-5528
- Scott VFW Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-9 p.m. Friday, Scott VFW Post 4183, Belleville. Carryout by calling 618-746-9801.
- Scottish Rite Fish Fry — 4:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, Scottish Rite Masonic Bodies, 1549 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville. By the pound, plate, sandwich. Contact 618-235-3350.
- Shiloh Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-624-5412. Auxiliary bake sale for charity.
- Summerfield Fish Fry — 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Summerfield Lions Club, 100 E. Park St., Summerfield. 618-934-3841 or 618-334-3177.
- Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
- Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp, 618-667-8387.
- Barbecue — 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Parrish Trucking Co., 1799 North State (Route 15), Freeburg. Sponsored by Donald M. Meisenhimer VFW Post 7074 Freeburg. Join us for lunch and supper. All monies will benefit our soldiers and veterans.
- Fathers Day Breakfast — 8-11:30 a.m. Sunday, Albers American Legion, 600 N. Bertha St., Albers. Pork sausage, ham, pancakes, eggs, fried potatoes, biscuits/gravy. Cost: $8 adults, $4 children (6-12), free (5 & under). Proceeds to legion youth programs. Information: 618-248-5505.
- Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. For carryout, call 618-632-5222.
- Fried Chicken — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post 22.
- Euchre Tournament — 7 p.m. Friday, Smithton Senior Center. Partner night.
- Swansea Farmer’s Market — 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, Rural King parking lot, Illinois 159, Swansea.
- Old Town Market — 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturday, West Main and First streets, in the parking lot of the St. Clair County Public Health Department, downtown Belleville. Locally grown produce, plants, honey, baked goods, summer sausage, apple butter, jams and jellies, homemade soaps, handmade jewelry and other crafts.
- Belleville Flea Market — 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Belle-Clair Fairgrounds Park, 200 South Belt East, Route 13 & 159, Belleville. Antiques, collectibles, vintage and much more. Merchandise both old and new. Over 400 vendors and 600 tables. Information: 618-233-0052 or www.bcfairgrounds.net.
- “How To Eat Like A Child...” — 7 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Heritage Hall at Althoff Catholic High School, 5401 W. Main St., Belleville. Forty-two area children between the ages of 5 and 14 attended a 2-week drama camp to learn songs, dances, and skits. See them perform what they learned about how to beg for a dog, how to torture your sister, how to act after being sent to your room, and how to laugh hysterically. Tickets: $5 each, beginning at 6:30 each evening.
- “Two Gentlemen of Verona” — 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday, Metcalf Theater, campus of SIUE. Take Illinois Highway 157 north off of I-270. Follow South Circle Drive around to Parking Lot F, adjacent to the Student Fitness Center. The Metcalf Theater is handicapped accessible. Park on Lot F, across from the theater. Free parking. Tickets prices: $15 adults; $12 seniors; $12 non-SIUE students with school ID; free students with valid ID; $12 SIUE alumni, retirees, faculty and staff. Tickets/information: 618-650-2774, 888-328-5168 ext. 2774, www.siue.edu/artsandsciences/theater.
How to send your event
- Deadline: noon Monday. What’s Happening runs events happening from Thursday though the next Wednesday in Thursday’s Lifestyle section.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 618-236-9773
- Mail: What’s Happening, c/o Lifestyle, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427.
- Information: call 618-239-2641.
- Please include: Event, time, date, location, admission cost and special features. Also, a daytime phone number we can contact if we need more information.