Noon Wednesday, Aug. 15, is the deadline to appear in next week’s “Around Town” listing. We must receive your event in writing with a contact phone number for questions. Due to the large number of submissions, non-profit events are run only one time in print, will be edited and appear in the week before the event date.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to: Highland News Leader Around Town, Belleville News-Democrat, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427. Questions, call Jennifer Green at 618-239-2643.
Thursday, Aug. 16:
▪ Maryville Farmer’s Market — 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 16. Drost Park, 8 Schiber Court, Maryville.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Carlyle Courthouse Square Farmers’ Market — 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 16. 8th Street between Franklin and Fairfax streets, east side of Courthouse Square, Carlyle. Includes homemade soap and wine, baked goods, eggs. Carlylelake.com
Friday, Aug. 17:
▪ Highland Fish Fry — 4-7:30 p.m. Friday. VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carryout. 618-654-6367.
▪ Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday. Troy VFW Post 976 and Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp. Dine in or carry out. 618-667-8387.
▪ ‘Friends+Wine+Food=Fun’ at Poppy’s — 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Poppy’s Inc., 1619 Papin St., Highland. Wine tasting and appetizers. Cost: $10. Information: 618-654-6465.
▪ Hope Night on the Square — 7 to 10 p.m. Friday. Downtown Square, 948 Main St., Highland. Live music, free food and drinks. You are invited to bring prayer cards, well wishes and lawn chairs. 618-654-8434.
▪ St. John UCC Spaghetti Dinner — 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. St. John UCC, 21 N. Walnut St., Trenton. All-you-can-eat spaghetti with meat or meatless sauce, salad, bread, dessert. Dine-in and carryout available. Pre-order for drive-thru available by calling 618-224-9828 after 4 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 18:
▪ Rotary Criterium Festival — 3 to 11 p.m. Saturday. Downtown Edwardsville. Don’t miss the series of high-speed bicycle races complimented with foot races, free kid’s races, an art tent for kids, a Food Zone with six local restaurants and more. 3 to 7 p.m. Edwardsville Township will be donating more than 160 helmets free to children, fittings included. Criteriumedwardsville.com
▪ Late Summer Movie Night — 8:30 p.m. Saturday. 1820 Col. Benjamin Stephenson House, 409 S. Buchanan St., Edwardsville. Movie: “A Dog’s Purpose.” Free and open to the public. stephensonhouse.org
▪ Farmers’ and Artisans’ Market — 8 a.m. to noon. Saturday. Corner of Landmarks Blvd. and Henry Street, Alton. www.downtownalton.com or 618-463-1016.
▪ Land of Goshen Community Market — 8 a.m. to noon. Saturday. Madison County Courthouse, 155 N. Main St., Edwardsville. www.goshenmarket.org