BLOOD DRIVES: Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center blood drives are from:
▪ 3-7 p.m. Monday at Walgreens, 102 W. Vandalia St., Edwardsville.
▪ 3-7 p.m. Tuesday at Freeburg Fire Company No. 1, 410 W. High St., Freeburg.
▪ 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, 340 W. Lincoln St., Belleville.
▪ 3-6 p.m. Wednesday at Bank of Springfield, 1770 Frank Scott Parkway East, O’Fallon.
▪ 3-7 p.m. Wednesday at Walgreens, 6607 State Route 162, Maryville.
▪ 1-6 p.m. Friday at Alton Square Mall, 200 Alton Square Mall, Alton.
▪ 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at Alton Square Mall, 200 Alton Square Mall, Alton.
▪ 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 29 at Scott Credit Union, 101 Credit Union Way, Edwardsville.
▪ 2-5 p.m. June 29 at Scott Credit Union, 12455 State Route 143, Highland.
ALZHEIMER’S SUPPORT GROUP: The next Alzheimer’s Association In the Moment support group meeting is from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday in the Oak Hill classroom, 623 Hamacher in Waterloo. An educational program on “Living with the Challenges of Alzheimer’s” will be followed by sharing time. Literature and refreshments available. For more information, call 618-939-3488, ext. 1248.
CAREGIVING CONFERENCE: A conference called “Surviving Caregiving: A Map through the Maze” is for family caregivers from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, June 27, at St. John Church’s Faith Hall, 307 W. Clay St. in Collinsville. Presentations will cover legal and financial issues, successful caregiver strategies, using technology at home and managing family dynamics. Free. Registration is required at 618-222-2561.
SAN ANTONIO TRIP: The Anderson Hospital Auxiliary and Collette will sponsor a five-day trip to San Antonio, Texas, in April 2016 as part of the auxiliary’s 50th anniversary celebration. The public is invited to an informational meeting led by Lora Carlson at 6 p.m. July 20 at Anderson Hospital, 6800 State Route 162 in Maryville. To register for the meeting, contact Richard at 618-288-7447 or email@example.com.
KOREAN WAR BROCHURE: The Illinois Korean Memorial Association has published a booklet, “A Brief History of the Korean War.” To receive a copy, send $10 check or money order to Illinois Korean Memorial Association, P.O. Box 8554, Springfield, IL 62791. Proceeds will help send the booklet to Illinois schools and libraries at no charge.
FISHING LESSONS: Edwardsville Parks and Recreation is partnering with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources to offer free fishing lessons from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday at Leclaire Park Lake in Edwardsville. Children must be accompanied by an adult. No equipment necessary. Registration forms available at www.cityofedwardsville.com. For more information, call 618-692-7538.
FISHING DERBY: Edwardsville Parks and Recreation invites children up to 15 to participate in the Leclaire Lake Fishing Derby (must be accompanied by an adult) on Saturday at Leclaire Lake Park. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. by the gazebo, followed by safety tips at 10 and fishing from 10:15 to 11:45 a.m. Prizes will be awarded for most fish caught. For more information, call 618-692-7538 or visit www.cityofedwardsville.com.