STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD DUMP CAKE
3 1/2 cups small pretzel twists
2 cans (21 ounces each) strawberry pie filling
1 box white or yellow cake mix
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
1/2 cup butter, melted
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of 13-by-9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In food processor, process pretzels until coarsely chopped. Remove 1/2 cup chopped pretzels; set aside. Process remaining pretzels until finely crushed (about 1 cup).
3. Spread both cans of strawberry pie filling in pan. In medium bowl, stir dry cake mix, melted butter and finely crushed pretzels until combined. Sprinkle cake mixture on top of strawberry pie filling in pan.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until pie filling bubbles and cake mixture is lightly golden. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 2 hours.
5. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Fold in whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Spread mixture over top of cooled cake. Sprinkle reserved chopped pretzels on top just before serving.
Store leftovers covered in refrigerator. Makes 18 servings.