CARDS & GAMES
▪ Cribbage game — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Collinsville Knights of Columbus, No. 1 Columbus Plaza, Collinsville. Seven games against seven different opponents. Information: Yvonne at 618-344-1521 or Phil at 618-288-7910.
▪ Euchre Tournament —7 p.m. Nov. 4, Smithton Senior Center. Partner night. Everyone welcome.
▪ Square and Round Dance — 7-9:30 p.m. Friday; Caseyville Township Building (downstairs), 10001 Bunkum Road, Fairview Heights. Doug Mallory calling squares; Pat Hilton cueing rounds. Theme: Hobos and hot dogs. Information: Eunice Peterson, 618-660-6030.
▪ Ballroom Dance — 7:30-10:30 p.m. Saturday; Belleville/Swansea Moose Lodge, 2425 N. Illinois St. Music by the Alley Kats.
▪ Square Dance — 2-4:30 p.m. Sunday; Immanuel Lutheran Church, 522 S. Church St., Waterloo. Potluck. Caller John Stuart. Sponsored by Waterloo Quadrilles Square Dance Club. Information: 618-939-7069.
▪ Ladies’ Club Vendor Night — 7-9 p.m. Friday; Corpus Christi Parish Center, 205 Rasp St., Shiloh. Free admission, attendance prizes, appetizers, drinks. Vendors include Pampered Chef Tastefully Simple, Mary Kay, Signature Homestyles and more. Information: 618-632-1414 or firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ Girls Night Out Quarter Auction — Friday. Doors open at 6 p.m.; auction begins at 7. Winning Streak, 1580 Decoma Dr., Dupo. $5 paddle; $20 all-in paddle. Craft and other vendors, such as Pampered Chef, Miche, Mary Kay. Spend $50 at vendors and get free paddle. Proceeds benefit Relay for Life team Angels for a Cure.
▪ David “Red” Lehr and the Rivermen perform — 7 p.m. Friday, St. Paul United Church of Christ, 2nd and B streets, Belleville, part of the church’s Fine Arts Series. The concert is free; a freewill offering will be received.
▪ Live Music — 8:30 p.m.-12:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday; Clusterpluck on Friday; Matty Mo & The Rockets on Saturday; Sit “N” Bull Saloon & Eatery, 31 S. Mill St., New Memphis.
▪ Bazaar and Bake Sale — 3-6 p.m. Thursday and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday in the Heritage Room of St. Joseph Hospital in Breese. Christmas decor, crafts, quilts, afghans, holiday books and DVS will be featured both days. baked goods Friday only until sold out. Sponsored by St. Joseph-Breese Auxiliary.
▪ Country Singer Sam Brown — 2:30-3:30 p.m. Friday; Cambridge House, 844 Cambridge Blvd., O’Fallon. Refreshments served; free admission. Brown, who was with Crystal Gayle’s band, sings old country favorites.
▪ Two-person Blind Draw Dart Tournament — 7 p.m. Friday start; Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. $10 per person.
▪ Not-So-Secret Winter Rendezvous — 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, Fort de Chartres State Historic Site. Re-enactors will trade goods and buy supplies. Some will take part in a shooting contest. Visitors can check out the tents, campfires and historic fort. A rummage fair features clothing jewelry, baskets, pottery and more to complete your 18th-century look. Information: 618-284-7230.
▪ Midwestern Woodcarvers Show — 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday; Belle-Clair Fairgrounds, 200 S. Belt East (routes 13 and 159), Belleville. Demonstrations, wood and tool vendors, tool sharpening. Lots of gift ideas. $4 admission; kids under 12, free. Free parking. Information: 636-296-9257.
▪ Adult Scavenger Hunt — Sign up starts at 6 p.m.; hunt starts at 7 Saturday; Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. $50 per team; 5 people per team max. Cash pay outs for first, second, third places. DJ following scavenger hunt.
▪ Guided Fall Hike —10 a.m. Saturday, Fern Clyffe State Park, Goreville. Free and open to the public. Meet at parking area beside the lake. Hike is of moderate difficulty and is intended for people in good health who have done some walking. Boots or sturdy shoes and walking sticks are strongly recommended. Bring water and a snack. No dogs, please. Sponsored by River-to-River Trail Society. Information: 618-499-2337.
▪ D.A.R.E. to Run for BackStoppers 5K/10K & Kids Fun Run — 9 a.m.Saturday, Millstadt Park, 301 N. Jefferson Ave. Millstadt. Sponsor: Millstadt Police Department. Benefitst BackStoppers and the police department's local youth programs. We will have long-sleeve performance t-shirts, custom awards, plus a free bounce house for the kids & free hot dogs, and other refreshments. Information: email@example.com
▪ Tamburitzans performance — 7 p.m. Saturday; doors open at 6:15. Granite City Senior High School Performing Arts stage. Young artists in elaborate costumes celebrate and share international cultural heritages through music and dance. Proceeds benefit the John N. and Diana Bellcoff Memorial Tamburitzans scholarship for students attending the SWIC Sam Wolf Granite City Campus. Tickets; $20, must be purchased in advance. Get tickets from Norma Bellcoff at 618-692-6150 or 618-978-1522; the SWIC Sam Wolf Granite City Campus Business Office, 4950 Maryville Road; the SWIC Belleville Campus Foundation Office or by telephone using a credit card at 618-235-2700, ext. 5663.
▪ Sip N Shop — 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. Free. Sample mimosas and bloody marys while shopping vendors that include Creative Container, Pink Zera, Usborne Books, 31 and more.
▪ Raptors and Races at Cahokia Mounds — 2 p.m. Saturday, birds of prey demonstation at Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site. World Bird Sanctuary will bring and talk about birds of prey. Highlight of show: Birds flying over the heads of the audience. No admission fee, but a donation of $7 for adults; $5 for seniors, $2 for students and $15 for families is suggested. Information: 618-346-5160 or www.cahokiamounds.org. On Sunday, the site will host the City of the Sun 5K Run/Walk, starting at 9 a.m. Entry fee is $30; $40 for two. Register at www.RacesOnline.com; download a registration form at www.CahokiaMounds.org or pick up a form at the site. Information: 618-344-7316.
▪ Perry Biggs Memorial Fiddle Contest and Bluegrass Show — 5 p.m. Saturday, Patoka Civic Center, downtown Patoka. $7 adults; $3.50 childen. George Portz and His Friends of Bluegrass Band; Brenda Cook, country vocalist; Worthington Family Bluegrass Band, Mississippit Mudpuppies cajun band; central Illionois’ longest running fiddle contest.
▪ 5K/10K Walk in Springfield — Meet at 9:45 a.m. Saturday at Carpenter Street Hotel, 525 N. 6th St.; walk in downtown Springfield starts at 10. $3 fee. Information: Bill at 618-588-4097 or www.ava.org. Sponsored by Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club.
▪ Holiday Craft Workshop — 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Downtown Library, 2001 Delmar Ave., Granite City. Make a gift for a family member or friend. All ages and skill levels. Information: 618-452
▪ Okawville Commuity Club Spaghetti Dinner and Fall Dance — 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday spaghetti dinner; 2-5:30 p.m. fall dance. Okawville Community Club, 511 S. Hanover St., Okawville. Music by Heritage Band. Adults, $8; children 4-10, $4; age 3 and under, free. Admission to dance only is $5.
▪ Annual Quarter Auction for BEACON Ministries of Belleville and Christmas Shopping Event — 2:45 p.m. Sunday doors open; auction begins at 3:30 p.m. K of C Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. $1,000-plus products and services to be auctioned and raffled. 50/50 raffle and ticket raffles. Fifteen vendors and crafters. $5 entry donation provides 1 bid paddle; $5 donation for a second bid paddle. More paddles for shopping with vendors. Proceeds support BEACON. Bring your own quarters. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 4 to get a free bid paddle when all four arrive by 3 p.m. Your RSVP also will ensure seats at the same table.
▪ Live Music —3-7 p.m. Sunday; Kaskaskia Riverhouse, 1 Harbor Point Drive, New Athens. Boulderdash performs
▪ St. Ann’s Altar Sodality Quilt and Cash Bingo and Raffle — Doors open at 11 a.m. Sunday; bingo begins at 1. St. Ann Parish Center, 675 S. Mill St., Nashville. Twelve regular games for quilts (Each of these games requires two bingos on one card to win.) Twelve regular games for cash (Only one bingo on one card to win) One coverall 50/50 game (3-card sheet sold separately)
▪ Wurstmarket — 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Sunday; Floraville Grange Hall, six miles south of Millstadt. Pork sausage and ham hocks, $10. Carry outs, too.
▪ Birthday party with Guitar Player Bryon Foggs —2:30-3:30 p.m. Monday. Cambridge House, 844 Cambridge Blvd., O’Fallon. Refreshments will be served. Free admission.
▪ Liberty Clarinet Quartet from the Air Force Band of Mid-America— 7:30 p.m. Tuesday Nov. 8 at Union United Methodist Church, 721 E. Main St., Belleville. Concert is free; recepton will follow. Information: Carole Eckert, 618-235-3876
▪ 5K/10K Walk in Belleville — Register at 8:45 a.m. Tuesday for walk at 9. Stroll through downtown Belleville, tour the old historic district. Information: Diane at email@example.com or www.illinois-trekkers.org
▪ Belleville Fire Fighters Association Chicken and Beer Dance — Doors open at 6 p.m. Friday; food at 7; live music by Old Salt Union with special guest Freefall at 8; Jubilee Room at Fischer’s Restaurant, 2100 W. Main St., Belleville. Tickets are $20. 60th anniversary. 618-234-2244 or buy tickets at the door.
▪ Homemade Soups and Chili — 4-7 p.m. Saturday. Friedens United Church of Christ, 240 E. Monroe, Hecker. Dine in only; dessert and beverage. $8 adults; $3, 6-12; 5 and under, free
▪ Aviston Fish Fry — 4:30-7 p.m. Friday. American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton, Aviston. Eat in or carry out. Cod, catfish, shrimp, chicken strips, 1/4 fried chicken, fries, baked potato, slaw, applesauce. Information: 618-228-7311.
▪ Evening in Athens — 4-8 p.m. Saturday; Greek food at Sts. Constantine & Helen, 405 Huntwood Road, Swansea. Chicken, gyros, lamb shaks, Greek salad, homemade pastries. Carry outs available. Information: 618-277-0330.
▪ Veteran’s Day Luncheon — Thursday, Nov. 10, at Main Street Community Center. Free for U.S. Veterans; $5 for other patrons. Lunch includes spaghetti, salad, bread and dessert. Tea, coffee and meonade will be served. RSVP required. Payment is due with RSVP to Main Street Community Center. Information: 618-656-0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Shiloh Eagles No. 545 Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Cod, walleye, shrimp and chicken strip plates. Fish by the pound, plate or sandwich. Also chicken wings. Plates come with two sides or order sandwich with one side. Eat in or carry out. Call ahead at 618-624-5412. Extras: auxiliary bake sale for their charities.
▪ Swansea Fish Stand — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, catfish, shrimp and more. Saturday: fried chicken. Information: 618-222-7171.
▪ Ham and Bean Dinner — 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Sunday, Emeth Lodge 1030, 815 Water St. Cahokia. All you can eat. Adults, $7.50; children under 12, $3. Drinks, cole slaw and dessert included. Eat in or carry out. Tickets available at the door. Information: 618-530-8025.
▪ Aviston Legion Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30-7 p.m. every Friday. Cod, catfish, shrimp, chicken strips, 1/4 fried chicken, fries, baked potato, slaw, applesauce. American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton, Aviston. Eat in or carry out. Information: 618-228-7311 or www.avistonlegion.com
▪ Scottish Rite Fish Fry — 4:30-7:30 p.m., 1549 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville. By the pound, plate or sandwich
▪ Caseyville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
▪ Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Cod, catfish fillets, tilapia, sides.
▪ Collinsville Fish Fry — 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. 618-345-2508.
▪ Collinsville Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carryout. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
▪ Highland Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carryout. 618-654-6367.
▪ Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carryout. 618-566-2288.
▪ Millstadt Fish Fry and Jam Session — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
▪ Fried Chicken — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post 22.
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hot dogs, sides. Eat in or carryout. 618-632-6229.
▪ O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651.
▪ O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryout available. 618-632-8879.
▪ Okawville Fish & Chicken Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, 205 N. Hanover St., Okawville. American Legion Post No. 233. Eat in or carry uot. Information: 618-243-6545,
▪ Scott VFW Post 4183 Fish Fry — 5-9 p.m. outside Scott Air Force Base, Belleville Gate. Information, call 618-746-9801.
▪ Shiloh Fish Fry — 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Sides. Eat in or carryout, 618-624-5412. Auxiliary bake sale for charity.
▪ St. Mary Parish Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Mary School basement, 1706 W. Main St., Belleville. Dine in or carry out. Cod or walleye sandwich, plate or by the pound, homemade potato salad, fries, onion rings, spaghetti, coleslaw and desserts.
▪ Summerfield Fish Fry — 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, Summerfield Lions Club, 100 E. Park St., Summerfield. 618-934-3841 or 618-334-3177.
▪ Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
▪ Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp, 618-667-8387.
▪ Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4-7 p.m. Tuesday. Knights of Columbus, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. Carryout, 618-632-5222.
▪ Walton’s Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus, Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. Carryout, 618-632-5222.
▪ Okawville Commuity Club Spaghetti dinner and Fall Dance — 11-2 p.m. Sunday; Okawville Community Club Exhibition Hall, 511 S. Hanover St., Okawville. $8 adults; $4 children ages 4-10; 3 and under, free. Dance with music by the Heritage Band, 2-5 p.m. Admission: $5.
▪ Turkey Shoot and Meat Raffle — noon Sunday Nov. 6, Waterloo Sportsman’s Club grounds, 4903 Sportsmans Road, Waterloo (3 miles south of Waterloo) featuring Double G hams, pork roast, pork steaks, pork sausage, ribs. Enclosed, heated pavilions for shoot and raffle. Memberships available. Guns furnished or bring your own. Food and refreshments available. www.waterloosportsmansclub.org
▪ Meat shoot — Noon Sunday, American Legion Post 1255, 201 Eiler Road. Shoot rounds, wheel rounds, baked goods, attendance prizes and free food.
▪ Quail Club Meat Shoot — noon Sunday; 8303 Concordia Church Road, Belleville. Paddle wheel, free bean soup. Public invited.
▪ Millstadt Coon Hunters’ Meat Shoot — 11 a.m. Sunday at 4310 Urbana Road, Millstadt. Games, refreshments and food available. Free beer for shooters. All gauge guns welcome. Held rain or shine. Millstadt Coon Hunters Association.
▪ Meat shoot — noon Sunday; Eagles Shiloh No. 545, 100 Eagle Drive. They shoot from inside. See your shot on TV; free bean soup.
▪ “The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940” — 7:30 p.m. Nov. 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12; at 2 p.m. Nov. 6 and 13 at Looking Glass Playhouse, 301 W. St. Louis St., Lebanon. Information/tickets: 618-537-4962 or lookingglassplayhouse.com
▪ “Curtains” —7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Hettenhausen Center for the Arts. McKendree University’s departments of Theatre, Music and Lance present the musical comedy whodunit.
▪ “Hound of the Baskervilles” (a Sherlock Holmes mystery) — 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday and Nov. 11, 12, and 13, Monroe Actors Stage Company, 202 S Main St, Waterloo. Tickets, $12 general admission; $10 senior/student. Tickets or information: 618-939-7469 or www.masctheatre.org.
▪ “Magic to do ... From Disney to Hogwarts” — 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday; Bernard Voss Center on St. Henry’s campus, 5315 W. Main St., Belleville. Sponsored by St. Mary’s, St. Henry’s and Take A Bow Showcase. Admission $3-$5; children under 5 are free. Tickets available at the door. Open seating. Doors open 30 minutes before show time. Information: 618-409-0015. Musical adventure on stage, plus magician Zi the Mentalist. Music and scenes from “The Little Mermaid,” “Harry Potter,” “Tangled,” “Star Wars,” “Mary Poppins,” “Peter Pan,” “Matilda,” “Wicked” and more. Performed by 36 young people from the Belleville area. Audience costume contest for the kids. Wear your favorite costume. Photo ops with favorite Disney and Harry Potter characters.
▪ O’Fallon Woman’s Club Trivia — Doors open at 6 p.m.; trivia at 7 Saturday. Katy Cavins Community Center, 308 E. 5th St. Cost is $100 for a table of 8 or $12.50 each. Cash prizes for first, second and third place tables. Mulligans available. Silent auction items and raffles, including 50/50 and a cooler of spirits. Prize for best decorated table — theme is red, white and blue. Bring snacks and beverages; outside alcohol not allowed. Beer, wine, soda and water avalable for purchase. Proceeds benefit O’Fallon Woman’s Club educational projects. Information and tickets: email@example.com.
▪ Brass Rail Players Trivia Night — 7-10 p.m. Saturday. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. CK&L of I, 2800 N. Illinois St., Swansea. $80 per table; 8 per table. Supports Brass Rail Players, a not-for-profit community theater group. For reservations, email board@BrassRailPlayers.org
▪ Trivia Night and Silent Auction — Doors open at 6 p.m.; trivia at 7 Saturday. Bluff Grange, 8567 State Highway 163, Millstadt. $15 per person; 8 per table. Attendance prizes. Information or reservatins: Rob Comstock at 618-604-2858.
▪ Belleville Wst Trivia Night — 7 p.m. Saturday, Belleville West High School Cafeteria. Doors open at 6:30; $10 per person, 6-8 people per table. Cash prizes, door prizes and more. Special prizes for student tables. popcorn provided;food, snacks permitted. Soda available for puchase. No alcohol. Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-222-7622. Supports the English Department Scholarship and Hy News, the student newpaper.
▪ Trivia for Conservation — Doors open at 6; qusetions begin at 7 on Thursday, Nov. 10. Benefits The Nature Institute. Takes place at The Old Bakery Beer Co, 400 Landmarks Blvd., Alton. Admission is $15 per person or $120 for a team of 8.
▪ Trivia night for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital — Doors open at 6 p.m.; trivia from 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Swansea Improvement Association Building, 301 Service Drive, Swansea, $100 per teamof 8 or $15 per person. Mulligans, raffles, heads or tails; silent auction, cash bar, outside food allowed. Sponsored by Swansea Rehabilitation & Health Care Center. Information: 309-369-3933 or email@example.com
How to send your event
- Deadline: noon Monday. What’s Happening runs events happening from Thursday though the next Wednesday in Thursday’s Lifestyle section.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 618-236-9773
- Mail: What’s Happening, c/o Lifestyle, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427.
- Information: call 618-239-2641.
- Please include: Event, time, date, location, admission cost and special features. Also, a daytime phone number we can contact if we need more information.