Bond County is celebrating its bicentennial from 4 p.m.-midnight Saturday, July 1, and noon-midnight Sunday, July 2, with live music, fireworks and a parade in Greenville. This event also features food and craft vendors. Admission is free. Residents are invited to bring their own chairs to the celebration. Information: www.bondcountyhistorical.org/bocobicent.
Saturday, July 1.
- 4 p.m. — Bicentennial opens.
- 5 p.m. — Swamp Weiss and the Swamp Daddies to perform on the Bradford National Bank main stage at the intersection of Second and Main St.
- 7 p.m. — Head East, a Midwestern-based band that was formed in the 1970s, to perform on the Bradford National Bank main stage.
- 9 p.m. — Bond County All Star Jam and Open Mic on the Bradford National Bank main stage. If you would like to participate in the open mic, a registration form is available online.
Sunday, July 2.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
- Noon — Bicentennial opens.
- 1 p.m. — Opening ceremonies on the Bradford National Bank main stage. Food, beer and craft vendors open.
- 1 p.m. — The First National Bank Family Fun Area opens on College and Second St.
- 1 p.m. — The Air Evac Lifeteam Helicopter display opens.
- 1:30 p.m. — Courthouse tours begin on the southwest courthouse lawn.
- 3 p.m. — The Bicentennial parade starts at College Ave. and Elm. It will go through downtown Greenville and pass in front of the main stage. Participants include the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile, the Planters Peanutmobile, Louie and the Blues Crew, Ronald McDonald, the Shriner marching units and local floats.
- 4 p.m. — The Civil War Era Regiment Band to perform on the courthouse lawn.
- 5 p.m. — The Greenville Municipal Band to perform on the courthouse lawn.
- 6:30 p.m. — The Ides of March, featuring Jim Peterik, to perform on the Bradford National Bank main stage.
- 9 p.m. — The United States Air Force Band of Mid-America to perform on the Bradford National Bank main stage.
- 9:30 p.m. — A fireworks finale, sponsored by the Bond County Fourth Fest, will take place over downtown Greenville.
- 10 p.m. — The Brother Jefferson Blues Band to perform on the Bradford National Bank main stage.