United Congregations of the Metro-East (UCM) are seeking organizations to purchase ads in its 2017 UCM Community Guidebook. The United Congregations of Metro-East is a group of 30 faith-based congregations in Madison and St. Clair counties.
In the past 17 years, the UCM has been instrumental in:
▪ Persuading Madison County to end a plan to close the Madison County Drug court and assisting St. Clair County begin its own drug court.
▪ The UCM worked with the Illinois Department of Transportation to certify minority owned construction businesses in the metro-east. It also worked with the U.S. Department of Labor to update federal minority hiring regulations.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ In 2009, the UCM helped persuade Congressman Costello to vote for the Affordable Care Act.
▪ In cities throughout the metro-east, the UCM worked with the Sierra Club to create ‘Cool Cities’ and adopt plans to reduce energy use.
▪ In 2017, the UCM conducted a 4-part discussion series in a dozen congregations and organizations to foster racial understanding.
The UCM Community Guidebook will be distributed to member congregations and shared at all UCM events throughout the year. The ads will also appear on the UCM website. Information: 618-646-9712.