In celebration of the 175th anniversary of Charles Dickens’ visit to Lebanon, the Lebanon’s St. Louis Street Merchants Association is having Dickens Fest from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday in Lebanon. This event features a Victorian or Steampunk costume contest, carriage rides, vintage games, photo booth, live music, children’s activities and more.
Here’s the schedule for the event:
▪ 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Costume Contest — Dress in Victorian or Steampunk costumes and enter the contest from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. To enter: visit photo booth at the back of Tiadaughton House, 111 W. St. Louis St., to take a photo and fill out entry form. Judging will take place at 4:30 p.m. Prizes will be given in multiple categories: “Best Lady,” “Best Man,” “Best Child,” “Best Family,” “Best Hat,” and “Best Charles Dickens Character.”
▪ 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Vintage games — Held near the courtyard between Ahner’s Florist and Fischer’s Chiropractic Office. Sponsored by the Boy Scouts.
▪ 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Photo booth open.
▪ 10 a.m.-5 p.m. “Hen House Crepes.”
▪ 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Kettle corn for sale.
▪ 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Face painting available.
▪ 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mermaid House Inn tours — 114 E. St. Louis St, Lebanon. See the inn where Dickens stayed in 1842.
▪ Noon-12:30 p.m., 1-1:30 p.m., 2-2:30 p.m. Kids activities — Free activities in the basement of the Visitor’s Center hosted by the Lebanon Public Library.
▪ Noon-3 p.m. Horse and carriage rides — Departing from the Visitor’s Center. Tickets $5 per person. Children 2 and under are free.
▪ 1-2 p.m. Pie throwing contest — Held between Ahner’s Florist and Fischer’s Chiropractic Office. Sponsored by the Boy Scouts.
▪ 5 p.m. Winners of the costume contest will be announced on-site.