Clinton County Humane Society had its “Purrfect Pawty” fundraiser recently at Germantown American Legion. It’s no surprise that cats and dogs figured in the questions or answers.
The charitable organization was founded in late 2008 by residents who share a love for abused, neglected and homeless animals. Its goals are to provide temporary foster homes for these animals until permanent placement is found; provide medical treatment; promote animal welfare by educating the communty on the importance of proper animal care, spay/neuter programs and responsible ownership of an animal.
To make a donation, write a check to the Clinton County Humane Society and send it to Shelly Albers, CCHS, 6535 Shoal Creek Road, Bartelso, IL 62218. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Now, try a few questions from the “Purrfect Pawty.”
1. Hit songs from this classic rock & pop group include “Joy to the World,” “Shambala,” “Old Fashioned Love Song” and “One.”
2. Hall of Famer Jim Thorpe was a player-coach for this historic professional football team from 1915-1920, winning championships in four of the five seasons they played.
3. TV’s undercover detective Tony Baretta had a pet Triton sulphur-crested cockatoo. What was his name?
4. In the TV show “Alf,” Alf always tried to eat the family’s pet cat. What was the cat’s name?
5. Singer Harry Chapin tells the story of two less than perfect father and son relationships in this 1974 folk classic.
6. Which work of William Shakespeare is said to have inspired “The Lion King’s” plot?
7. In a 52-card deck, you have the suits of hearts, diamonds, spades and clubs. To which suit does the one-eyed king belong?
8. In the Stephen King novel “Pet Semetary,” what is the name of the cat that is brought back to life?
9. According to the legend, Arthur is the firs born son of which King?
10. What was Elvis’ first movie?
1. Three Dog Night
2. Canton Bulldogs
5. “Cats in the Cradle”
9. King Uther Pendragon
10. “Love Me Tender”