Isolated severe thunderstorms are possible Thursday morning, mainly before 11 a.m. across portions of southwestern Illinois, according to the National Weather Service in St. Louis. Damaging winds and large hail are the primary threats.
A flood warning continues through Sunday for the St. Louis region, as areas along the Mississippi River continue to flood.
Some roads are still closed in southern Illinois due to flooding, according to the Illinois Department of Transportation:
▪ IL 3 in Chester: Water Street (St. Mary's River) to Jackson County Line. Cora levee flood gates are closed. (Randolph County)
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
▪ IL 100 in Grafton: IL 3 to IL 16 closed due to flooding. (Jersey County)
▪ IL 100 in Hardin: Illinois River to IL 108 at Kampsville closed due to flooding. (Calhoun County)
▪ IL 155 in Prairie Du Rocher: Laurent Road to Fish Lake Road closed due flooding. Levee gates closed.(Randolph County)
▪ Kaskaskia Street in Chester: Cottage Road to Water Street closed due to flooding.(Randolph County)
▪ Water Street in Chester: Kaskaskia Street to IL 3 closed due to flooding. (Randolph County)
The forecast for the metro-east from the National Weather Service:
Today ... Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 11 a.m. High near 73. West wind 5 to 9 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
Tonight ... A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 7 p.m. and 1 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 55. North wind 6 to 8 mph.
Friday ... A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8 a.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 73. North wind 6 to 9 mph.
Friday Night ... Mostly clear, with a low around 52. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm after midnight.
Saturday ... Sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night ... Clear, with a low around 56.
Sunday ... Sunny, with a high near 83.
Sunday Night ... Mostly clear, with a low around 60.
Monday ... Sunny, with a high near 87.
Monday Night ... Mostly clear, with a low around 63.
Tuesday ... Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.
Tuesday Night ... Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Wednesday ... A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 82.