Metro-East News

Belleville Club Fitness evacuated because of fire

Firefighters extinguished a fire at a Belleville Club Fitness on Saturday afternoon.
Firefighters extinguished a fire at a Belleville Club Fitness on Saturday afternoon. Belleville Fire Department

In 109-degree heat, firefighters extinguished a fire at a Belleville gym Saturday afternoon.

The fire started on the roof of Club Fitness off Carlyle Avenue shortly after 3 p.m. An electrical issue caused the fire, according to a post by the Belleville Fire Department on social media.

The building was evacuated and no one was injured.

The gym was temporarily closed Saturday evening while crews worked to restore power to the facility, according to the gym's Facebook page.

Fire dispatched at 3:16 Saturday afternoon at Club Fitness at 20 Carlyle Plaza. Electrical origin on top of roof. Building evacuated. No injuries. Heat index for Belleville Firefighters was 109F.

Posted by Belleville Fire Department on Saturday, June 30, 2018

  Comments