Health inspectors in Williamson County had food thrown away immediately during the October inspection at the Hong Kong Buffet at the Illinois Star Centre Mall in Marion.
Moldy produce was found in the kitchen, WSIL reported.
There were other health violations, including sauce cups that did not have ladles and a dish machine strainer needed cleaning.
Hong Kong Buffet’s total score out of 100 points was 89, which included the five-point deduction for the critical violation of moldy food.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat