Metro-East News

Alleged Catholic Supply shooter accused of attacking woman in separate assault case

Bruce Thomas, of Imperial, Missouri, was charged in connection with the sexual assault and shooting at a Catholic Supply store in Ballwin, Missouri, on Monday.
Bruce Thomas, of Imperial, Missouri, was charged in connection with the sexual assault and shooting at a Catholic Supply store in Ballwin, Missouri, on Monday. St. Louis County Police Department

The man police say sexually assaulted two women and killed a third at a Catholic Supply store in Ballwin, Missouri, last month has been named a suspect in a separate assault case involving a 77-year-old woman.

Thomas Bruce, 53, is accused of invading the home of a woman in rural Jefferson County, Missouri, on Sept. 27 and physically attacking her, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s office told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Thursday.

According to the Post-Dispatch report, the woman recognized Bruce as her attacker from pictures of him that had been featured in the media following the Catholic Supply store shooting. The woman told police she did not know Bruce prior to the attack.

Police told KMOV 4 that the woman was not seriously injured in the incident and that they are investigating the assault.

On Nov. 21, Bruce was charged with fourteen counts, including first-degree murder and sodomy, in the Catholic Supply store shooting.

  Comments