Woman tells her DUI arrest story to prevent others from drinking and driving
Four Collinsville restaurants have been cited for serving liquor to minors, police announced Monday.
Last Thursday, Collinsville police conducted a round of alcohol compliance checks on 27 restaurants in the city. According to a news release from the department, these checks are done periodically to decrease alcohol sales to minors and reduce alcohol-related injuries.
“By decreasing alcohol availability, we believe that these compliance checks will also reduce alcohol-related problems and crime amongst youth,” police stated in the release.
The four restaurants that were cited with unlawful sale of an alcoholic liquor to a minor are:
- Asia Garden, 1972 Vandalia St.
- Porter’s Steakhouse, 1000 East Port Plaza Drive
- Ramon’s, 1711 St. Louis Road
- Sloan’s Pub House, 119 W. Main St.
This alcohol compliance check initiative targeted the following establishments who were not issued any citations:
- American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St.
- Aldi’s, 1716 Vandalia St.
- Fazzi’s, 1813 Vandalia St.
- Ruler Foods, 1984 Vandalia St.
- Lonnie’s Liquor, 2004 Vandalia St.
- Walgreens, 401 Belt Line Road
- Schnucks, 501 Belt Line Road
- Bucky’s Express, 1000 Belt Line Road
- Lottie’s Cafe, 1099 Belt Line Road
- Walmart, 1101 Belt Line Road
- Motomart Bluff, 701 North Bluff Road
- Applebee’s, 610 North Bluff Road
- Bandana’s, 4 Commerce Drive
- Colton’s Steak House, 5 East Port Plaza Drive
- Walmart, 1040 Collinsville Crossing Blvd.
- BP, 9504 Collinsville Road
- Collinsville Mini Mart, 601 W. Main St.
- Midtowne Liquor, 412 W. Clay St.
- Who Dat’s, 118 E. Main St.
- Friday’s, 106 E. Main St.
- 4-0-2 Quick Shop-Exxon, 810 S. Morrison Ave.
- Mo’s, 828 S. Morrison Ave.
- Hurricane’s, 222 W. Main St.