Metro-East News

Near record-high temps again, then rain this weekend

Near record-high temperatures are expected again Thursday across the metro-east.

The mercury is expected to reach 94 under mostly sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service. That’s just one degree short of the record of 95 set on June 11, 1977. The average high temperature for the date is 85.

Thursday night, skies will be partly cloudy with a low of 75.

There is a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast for Friday with a high of 90.

The chance of storms will increase to 60 percent Friday night when the low will be 72.

Storms are likely to continue through the weekend with a 50 percent chance during the daytime hours Saturday when the high will be 86.

Saturday night, the chance of storms will be 40 percent with a low of 72.

There is a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms during the day Sunday when the high will be 86. Sunday night, the chance of storms is 40 percent with a low of 72.

More detailed weather information

  Comments