Construction workers believe one of their crew members received a high-voltage shock while he worked on a construction site in Mascoutah Thursday morning.
Latest on this story: Construction worker electrocuted at Mascoutah worksite dies
According to a statement from Mascoutah Police Chief Bruce Fleshren, none of the crew members working at the site near Nathan Avenue and Douglas Avenue witnessed the accident, but they reported hearing a popping sound at 10:49 a.m. and found Joshua T. Morgan, 35, of Troy, unconscious with a leg injury. Authorities believe Morgan was moving an aluminum ladder when it touched a power line.
Morgan was taken to St. Elizabeth’s hospital in Belleville and then to Saint Louis University Hospital with serious injuries. As of 2:20 p.m., Fleshren said Morgan’s condition was unknown.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The workers at the site are employees of Foschiatti Construction based in Bunker Hill.