The construction worker who was electrocuted Thursday morning at a worksite in Mascoutah died early Friday, according to his employer and a relative.
Joshua T. Morgan, 35, of Troy was working with two others at an apartment complex site near Nathan Avenue and Douglas Avenue when the other workers called 911 after hearing a loud popping sound shortly before 11 a.m. Morgan was transported to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Belleville and then transferred to St. Louis University Hospital, where he later died.
Peter Foschiatti, the owner of Bunker Hill-based Foschiatti Construction, confirmed Monday that Morgan had died but declined further comment.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Family and friends will gather for a memorial at 3 p.m. Sunday at Premier Martial Arts, 121 Main St. in Collinsville.
Morgan leaves behind his wife and three daughters. A GoFundMe page for his family has raised $1,055.