A 6-year-old boy visiting a private campground on Carlyle Lake near Keyesport died Saturday night in Greenville after choking on part of a marshmallow.
According to a news release from Bond County Coroner Tony Brooks, Jeremiah M. Woods of Champaign was at a picnic table with his family at the Hickory Shores Resort south of Keyesport when he became unresponsive after he took a bite out of a large marshmallow.
EMS transported Tony to Greenville Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9:23 p.m. An autopsy was performed on the boy Monday but the results were not yet available.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.