Metro-East News

Missing woman's body found near her Shiloh home, coroner says

Sahab Bashir
Sahab Bashir Shiloh Police Department

4/2/26 Editor’s note: This article has been updated with the Shiloh Police Department’s confirmation of the woman’s identity.

The body of a 30-year-old Shiloh woman reported missing in December has been found near her home, authorities said Thursday.

The Shiloh Police Department identified the woman as Sahab Bashir.

St. Clair County Coroner Calvin Dye Sr. had earlier reported a different last name for Bashir. Her body was found Tuesday afternoon. In January, the Shiloh Police Department said Bashir was reported missing by her family on Dec. 9.

The police department initially reported Thursday that the woman’s identification had not been confirmed but later on Thursday updated its news release identifying the woman as Bashir.

Police said there were no signs of foul play and Dye said an autopsy was scheduled for Thursday.

The body was found in the 2100 block of Clairmont Drive, near the woman’s home, Dye said.

Police responded at 1:54 p.m. Tuesday to investigate a report that a homeowner found a dead woman behind brush along a tree line at the edge of the property, the release said.

“Due to indications at the scene, it appeared the female had been deceased for an extended period of time,” the release said. “There were no immediate signs of foul play, but an autopsy is pending.”

Illinois State Police crime scene investigators and the coroner’s office also responded. The scene is southwest of the intersection of Frank Scott Parkway East and Hartman Lane.

Police noted a missing-person report was filed Dec. 9 for Bashir. She was last seen Dec. 7 after leaving home on foot around noon, police said in a January release.

“The Shiloh Police Department would like to extend our condolences to the family and friends of the deceased,” the release said.

This story was originally published April 2, 2026 at 12:09 PM.

Related Stories from Belleville News-Democrat
Mike Koziatek
Belleville News-Democrat
Mike Koziatek is a former journalist for the Belleville News-Democrat
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER