Metro-East News

East St. Louis man pleads guilty to armed robbery

A 48-year-old East St. Louis man on Wednesday pleaded guilty in federal court to armed robbery.

Wallace B. Carson, pleaded guilty to interference with commerce by robbery, brandishing a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence and unlawful possession of a firearm by a previously convicted felon, the U.S. Attorney’s office said.

On Sept. 2, Carson entered the Walgreens at 2510 State St. in East St. Louis, pulled out a gun and committed armed robbery, the U.S. Attorney’s office said.

Carson previously was in prison for more than a year and was not allowed to possess a firearm.

The U.S. Attorney’s office said prosecution of the case is a continuation of the Hobbs Act Anti-Armed Robbery initiative.

News-Democrat

This story was originally published February 3, 2016 at 4:51 PM with the headline "East St. Louis man pleads guilty to armed robbery."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER