Watch the most popular videos on BND.com this week:
▪ Belleville East Township High School was locked down Thursday morning following a police chase that ended on the campus, according to school officials.
Two males wanted in connection with vehicle break-ins at the O’Fallon YMCA were captured — one on the Belleville East campus and one on the campus of Southwestern Illinois College. The chase began when Belleville Police spotted the suspects’ minivan at the Belleville East YMCA.
▪ Powerful storms hit the metro-east late Saturday afternoon, packing high winds and lightning and bringing down trees, power lines and utility poles across the region.
▪ A Madison man was texting while driving and may have been intoxicated when he struck and killed a pedestrian, and now will serve nearly five years in prison for failing to report it.
Travis E. Crain pleaded guilty in February to a class 1 felony. He admitted leaving the scene after his 2004 Dodge Dakota hit a 25-year-old St. Louis man on April 19, 2015, in Granite City. According to police testimony, he had been drinking earlier that night in a Granite City bar before he struck Mark Scott Harris Jr., who was walking along Edwardsville Road that night.
▪ An Illinois State Police vehicle was rear-ended in a multiple-vehicle accident Thursday near O’Fallon.
And here’s one video you may have missed:
▪ For the first time, Lindenwood University-Belleville offered a class that’s focused on designing board games.
The Game Design course is an old school throwback in a world where video games take up so much of young peoples’ time, according to Derek Dadian Smith, assistant professor of communication at Lindenwood-Belleville.