The BND advertising staff won 13 awards this week in the Illinois Press Association’s Best in Advertising contest, including the Sales Manager of the Year award for Teresa Buelt in the daily newspaper category. Buelt is digital sales manager at the BND.
The awards were presented at the IPA’s annual convention in Springfield.
Paige Baumgartner won second place in the Best Ad Designer category.
Other awards include:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
▪ First place, Best Newspaper-Designed Insert: Paige Baumgartner, ``New Look, New Menu-Dairy Queen’’
▪ Second place, Best Static Online Ad: Beth Wiesemann, “Cars for a Cause”
▪ Second place, Best Rich Media Online Ad: Beth Wiesemann, “Halloween Headquarters”
▪ Second place, Best Full Color Ad: Paige Baumgartner, “Prom and Wedding Season”
▪ Third place, Best Spot Color Ad: Lucy Burton, “Spring Cleanup/Tuneup”
▪ Third place, Best Full Color Ad: Jamie Phelps, “One Stop Shop Landscaping Needs”
▪ Third place, Best Ongoing Special Section: Denise Rollberg, “The West Ender”
▪ Third place, Best Classified Ad: Beth Wiesemann, “Tool Maker Needed”
▪ Third place, Best Community Focus Special Section: Gay Bentlage and Karen Schauwecker, “Highland Community Profile”
▪ Fourth place, Best One-Time Special Section: Gay Bentlage, “Highland High School Baseball State Section”
▪ Fourth place, Best Annual Special Section: Paige Baumgartner, “Readers Choice”