Editor’s note: The following incidents were listed among the official reports of local law enforcement agencies and court clerks. Readers are reminded that an arrest or charge does not constitute a finding of guilt. Only a court of law can make that determination.
Bomb threat at Greenville High School was hoax
A bomb threat discovered written on the wall of a boys bathroom at Greenville High School on the morning of Oct. 27 was not a real threat, police said.
School officials did call police to the school, but their investigation determined that the threat was not credible. Classes were not disrupted.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Police said the student responsible for the threat was identified and questioned before being released to a guardian. Police have turned information over to the Bond County state’s attorney for review and determination of any possible charges.
HPD warrant arrests
▪ Justin A. Kutz, 31, of Highland was arrested by HPD on Oct. 24 on a warrant from Troy police for failure to appear in court on a charge of resisting a peace officer. He posted bond.
▪ A juvenile, 15, of Highland was arrested on Oct. 27 on a warrant from HPD for failure to appear in court on a retail theft charge. He was brought before a judge and then released.
▪ Jesse J. Gartee, 33, of Pierron was arrested by HPD on Oct. 29 on a warrant from Bond County for domestic battery and violation of bail bond. He posted bond and was released.
HPD misdemeanors, tickets, citations
▪ Matthew G. Williams, 32, of Highland was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
▪ No tickets issued.
▪ James A. Macias, 44, of Highland was charged with driving while having a suspended/revoked license.
▪ Carlos Valdez, 46, of Mission, Texas, was charged with failure to give information after striking an unattended vehicle/property.
▪ Zane Smart, 23, of Highland was charged with having an expired vehicle registration.
▪ Stefani Fetsch, 34, of Highland was charged with operation of an uninsured motor vehicle and having an expired vehicle registration.
▪ No tickets issued.