Editor’s note: The following incidents were listed among the official reports of local law enforcement agencies and court clerks. Readers are reminded that an arrest or charge does not constitute a finding of guilt. Only a court of law can make that determination.
One killed in four-vehicle accident near St. Jacob
A four-vehicle crash left one person dead early Thursday morning in Madison County.
Pasqual Rodolpho, 57, of Waddell, Arizona, was killed in the crash involving a Ford truck, Honda Civic, Plymouth sedan, and a tanker truck at about 7:32 a.m. Thursday on Illinois 4 near Ellis Road, according to Illinois State Police.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
Ryan Krider, 23, of Chillicothe, Illinois. was driving a 2002 Ford truck southbound on Route 4 at the U.S. 40 overpass near Ellis Road, with his truck pulling a boat. Neil Vollmar, 46, of Edwardsville was driving a 2004 Honda Civic just ahead of Krider.
Rodolpho was driving northbound in a Plymouth sedan ahead of the tanker, which was driven by Allan Gieseking, 48, of Highland. Traffic slowed, and Krider struck Vollmar’s Honda from the rear, then continued into the northbound lane and struck Rodolpho’s Plymouth head-on. The tanker then struck Krider’s Ford truck from the rear.
According to St. Jacob Fire Chief Nic Klaus, the gas tanker was empty at the time of the accident.
Rodolpho was pronounced dead at the scene; the other three drivers were uninjured. Klaus said Rodolpho was in the area to participate in the Hot Rod Power Tour at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison this week. Approximately 6,000 cars and 20,000 attendees are expected for the annual event. Rodolpho’s car was an orange 1949 Plymouth sedan.
Illinois Route 4 was closed in both directions for about six hours, and the crash remains under investigation by the Illinois State Police.
HPD warrant arrests
▪ James A. McNeill, 26. of Highland was arrested June 13 an HPD warrant for offenses related to motor vehicles, stemming from January where Highland police allege McNeill was knowingly in possession of a 1997 Honda Accord that he knew to be stolen.
▪ Cody T. Spellmeyer, 26, of Highland was arrested June 13 on a warrant from HPD for failure to appear in court on a charge of disorderly conduct. He was taken to the Madison County Courthouse.
▪ Michael L. Buchanan, 31, of Medora was arrested by HPD on June 13 on a warrant from Macoupin County for failure to appear in court on a burglary charge. HPD additionally charged him with operation of an uninsured motor vehicle. He posted bond and was released.
▪ Michael A. Heider, 33, of Germantown was arrested on by HPD on June 14 warrants for failure to appear in court on charges of domestic battery and resisting a peace officer. He was transported to the Madison County Jail.
HPD misdemeanors, tickets, citations
▪ No tickets issued.
▪ Emily M. Clark, 35, of Greenville was charged with operation of an insured motor vehicle.
▪ Collin L. Chasteen, 39, of Highland was charged with improper use of registration and operation of an uninsured motor vehicle.
▪ No tickets issued.
▪ A juvenile boy, 16, of Highland was charged with domestic battery for allegedly pushing the victim, a grandmother, and hitting her twice in the chest.
▪ David Grant Jr., 26, of Edwardsville was charged with criminal trespass to a motor vehicle for allegedly operating a red Oldsmobile without the owner’s permission. He was also charged with driving while having a suspended/revoked license.
▪ David W. Fetsch, 33, of Highland was charged with operation of an uninsured motor vehicle.
▪ Matthew Kleinmann, 19, of Highland was charged with disobeying a traffic control device.
▪ Kelsey M. Crockett, 23, of Highland was charged with unlawful use of an electronic communications device.
▪ Kelsey M. Newcomb, 22, of Highland was charged with unlawful use of an electronic communications device.