Anderson Hospital, 6800 State Route 162 in Maryville, will hold an e-waste drive fundraiser from 9 a.m. to noon on Friday, May 1.
Accepted electronic and metal receivables will include:
▪ Computers, printers, cables and peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.);
▪ Fax machines, scanners, digital converter boxes, cable receivers, satellite receivers;
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Video game consoles, digital video disc player/recorders, portable digital music players;
▪ Networking equipment, server, telecommunications, phones, cell phones, clocks, etc.;
▪ VCR, stereos, and audio/video equipment (including cable/satellite);
▪ CDs and DVDs and their cases
▪ Holiday lights, metal decorations and metal furniture;
▪ Electrical, cabling, communication machinery, and equipment;
▪ Home electronics, blenders, toasters, irons, etc.;
▪ White goods: washers, dryers, dishwashers, furnaces, etc.;
▪ Medical equipment and all types of diagnostic equipment. (Call to verify equipment);
▪ Industrial machinery and equipment (including power and gas equipment)
▪ Lawn equipment, tools, old mowers, tillers, etc.
▪ Air conditioners, refrigerators, and humidifiers
▪ Old motors, non-PCB-type transformers and other electrical equipment;
▪ Car and rechargeable batteries and lead items;
▪ Non-ferrous metals;
▪ LCD Monitors (flat screen); and
▪ LCD TVs (flat screen).
*Only one CRT monitor per tower will be accepted per person, and CRT monitors without a tower will not be taken.
Items that will not be accepted include:
▪ CRT TVs, console TVs and projection TVs;
▪ Radioactive materials;
▪ Hazardous Materials (oil, antifreeze, paint);
▪ Non-electronics (tires, wood, asbestos, office waste, furniture, fiberglass, insulation, roofing, dirt);
▪ Flammable materials;
▪ Other hazardous materials (pesticides, oil filters, air bags, lead or mercury switches, fluorescent lights);
▪ Explosives (firearms, ammunition, shells); and
▪ PCBs (capacitors, transformers, ballast).