The Highland Yard of the Month for May belongs to Jeanine and Mike Pacatte at 700 Cypress St.
The perennial contest, now in its sixth year, recognizes persons who show pride in maintaining a beautiful home landscape.
Liriope lead you up to the front sidewalk, where there are rhodendon, and azaleas. On the south side of the home, there are plumbagel, fine line bucklhorn, flox and coral bells. Lots of creeping plants and a new dogwood tree.
A fragrent mock orange and silver dollar plants such as iris, walking stick, and mahonia hostas.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
It’s wonderful inviting yard for all to see and enjoy.
Don’t forget to nominate your favorite yard by calling the Chamber of Commerce or any garden club member.
All residences, including houses, apartments, townhouses, villas and condominiums, within Helvetia and Saline townships are eligible. Yard of the Month winners may win the contest only one time per two-year period. Residents may nominate either a neighbor’s yard or their own yard for Yard of the Month.
One entry per household will suffice for the whole season. Nominations should be submitted by calling the Chamber of Commerce, 654-3721, with the name, address and phone number of the nominee.
Winners will receive a Yard of the Month sign from the city to display in their yard for one month, a certificate signed by the mayor of Highland, a $25 gift certificate from the Highland Chamber of Commerce, a membership in the Highland Garden Club for the season, a pair of gardening gloves and a photo in the News Leader.
Yard of the Month Judging criteria
▪ Visual attractiveness: The yard being judged must be visible from a public street, alley, path or sidewalk and must display general curb appeal.
▪ Creativity: Personal touches such as yard art, bird baths and feeders, etc., are encouraged.
▪ Originality: Unique while maintaining cohesiveness with the neighborhood.
▪ Beautification: Yard must improve the look of the home and overall neighborhood.
▪ Overall maintenance: Yard must well-maintained grass, trimmed hedges, flowerbeds, etc.