Entries are now being accepted for the Miss Madison County Fair Queen Pageant.
The competition and pageant are scheduled for at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 25 at the Highland Elementary School. Young women ages 12-15 (junior miss) and 16-21 (miss) have the opportunity to compete for scholarships and to represent Madison County and the Madison County Fair as ambassadors throughout the year.
The young ladies compete in the areas of personal interview, on-stage speech, evening gown and swimwear. Scholarship awards will be awarded to Miss Madison County and Miss Heart of Hartlieb (award to be voted on by contestants, judges and pageant committee). Additional awards and prizes are offered by the community.
The Parade of Princess, also part of the pageant, is open to any young lady who will be attending kindergarten in the fall of 2015 at a Madison County School.
Entry forms for the pageants are available on-line at madcofair.com or by emailing request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The form is also attached to this story. Completed entry forms are due to pageant executive director by July 1.
All young women and their parents who are interested should plan to an informational meeting on Thursday, June 11 at 6 p.m. at the Madison County Fair Expo Hall. If you are unable to attend and would like to compete, contact Diane Tye at (618) 691-8367. Also contact Tye for any other information.
Miss Madison County Fair Eligibility Requirements
▪ Contestants participating in the Miss Madison County Fair Queen Pageant must be at least 16 years of age by the pageant date (July 25, 2015) and not have reached their 22nd birthday by Jan. 1 of the following year (2016).
▪ Contestants must be a single female; never have been married or had a marriage annulled.
▪ Contestant can never have been pregnant and is not the adoptive parent of a child.
▪ Contestants must have been a legal resident of Madison County, Ill., for six months prior to the pageant date or attend a high school or college or work (full-time or part-time) in Madison County.
▪ Contestants must be a U.S. Citizen.
▪ Contestants can never have been convicted of a felony offense.
▪ Was born female and has always been female.
▪ Contestants cannot have held a county fair queen title in Illinois or competed for the title of Miss Illinois County Fair at the state pageant.
▪ Does not use or consume any illegal controlled substances or abuse the use of alcohol or other dangerous substances.
▪ Is of good moral character. Has never performed any act or engaged in any activity or employment that is or could be characterized as immoral or indecent. Attests that any and all online depictions associated with the contestant’s name or likeness including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, and Instgram pages are consistent with the standards and dignity of the Miss Illinois Fair Queen Pageant and the Miss Madison County Fair Queen Pageant.
▪ Contestants will limit themselves to two holes/piercings in each ear lobe. All other piercings, ear or body, must be removed or covered. All tattoos must be covered.
▪ Contestants are required to have a “sponsor” (business or family) who accepts responsibility for their $75 entry fee.
▪ Contestants must attend all practices and rehearsals unless excused, in advance, by the director. No exceptions.
▪ Contestants cannot drink alcoholic beverages, use illegal drugs or smoke during any pageant practices, rehearsals or other events they may attend as a contestant of the Miss Madison County Fair Queen Pageant (e.g. County Fair Queen Pageants, photo shoots, etc.) If any contestant drinks, smokes or uses drugs as outlined, they will immediately be disqualified from the competition.