Highland News Leader

Fire at Michael’s Restaurant quickly extinguished

Highland firefighter Ty Barr extinguishes a fire that started at the base of an exterior post at Michael’s Restaurant in Highland on Monday.
Highland firefighter Ty Barr extinguishes a fire that started at the base of an exterior post at Michael’s Restaurant in Highland on Monday. News Leader

An errantly discarded cigarette butt is thought to be the cause of small fire that damaged an exterior post at Michael’s Restaurant in Highland on Monday.

The fire, which started at the base of a post near the front door to the restaurant, was quickly extinguished without any real damage being done.

The restaurant is closed on Mondays. However, owner Gaye Michael said he picks up cigarette butts off the ground near the entrance everyday, without fail, despite there being a receptacle in which people can toss their butts.

  Comments