Editor’s note: The following incidents were listed among the official reports of local law enforcement agencies and court clerks. Readers are reminded that an arrest or charge does not constitute a finding of guilt. Only a court of law can make that determination.
Alhambra man’s body pulled from Mississippi River
An Alhambra man’s body was pulled from the Mississippi River last Thursday, and police are asking for the public’s help in trying to find out what happened to him.
Illinois State Police, with assistance from the St. Louis City Fire Department, recovered the body of August W. Stark Jr., 65, between the Martin Luther King and Stan Musial Veterans Memorial bridges.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
Police believe his body had been in the river for a couple of days, said ISP Master Sgt. Mark Doiron.
Doiron said an autopsy has been conducted, but a cause of death has yet to determined. No trauma appeared on Stark’s body, Doiron said
ISP investigators are asking for the public’s assistance in providing information on Stark’s prior whereabouts. If anyone has further information, they are requested to contact Special Agent Bryant Johnson at (618) 346-3768 or (618) 346-3990.
HPD misdemeanor warrant arrests
▪ Sarah J. McMillin, 22, of Marine was arrested by HPD on Aug. 22 on a warrant from the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office for failure to appear in court on a charge of driving while having a suspended license.
▪ Austin J. Molkenbur, 21, of Highland was arrested by HPD on Aug. 23 on a warrant from Clinton County for failure to appear in court on a charge of harassment of a witness.
▪ Von M. Hudson, 20, of Troy was arrested on Aug. 23 by Troy police on an HPD warrant for failure to appear in court on a retail theft charge.
HPD misdemeanor citations, tickets
▪ Elizabeth S. McKinley, 36, of Addieville, Ill., was charged with retail theft for allegedly taking cosmetics from Walmart.
▪ A juvenile, 16, of Highland was charged with failure to stop/yield at a sign.
▪ Edward L. Tomlin, 40, of Highland was charged with operating a cell phone while driving.
▪ Michael L. Olson, 21, of Highland was charged with being a pedestrian under the influence of alcohol.
▪ Megan E. Zeller, 24, of Highland was charged with illegal transportation of alcohol.
▪ Ryan L. Terveen, 22, of Highland was charged with possession of drug equipment and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. The charge stems from a March 27 incident were seven minors were charged with unlawful consumption of alcohol.
▪ Chase R. Lindsay, 20, of Highland was charged with domestic battery for allegedly throwing food at a female victim
▪ No tickets issued.
▪ Luke A. Plocher, 31, of Belleville was charged with having an expired vehicle registration.
▪ Brenten G. Schneck, 24, of Highland was charged with operation of an uninsured motor vehicle.
▪ Matthew B. Short, 25, of New Douglas was charged with a traffic signal violation and having an expired vehicle registration.