Editor’s note: The following incidents were listed among the official reports of local law enforcement agencies and court clerks. Readers are reminded that an arrest or charge does not constitute a finding of guilt. Only a court of law can make that determination.
Rural Greenville family loses home in fire
The home of Mike and Annette Grzywacz in the 900 block of Z&Z Road, located just west of Greenville, was destroyed by fire Friday night.
Firefighters were dispatched to the home just after 10 p.m. They found the home fully involved upon arrival. No one was home at the time. The home and its contents were a total loss. Firefighters said the cause was believed to be electrical.
The Pocahontas/Old Ripley and Shoal Creek provided mutual aid. Firefighters were on scene until about 2 a.m. Saturday.
The Grzywaczes have four children: three sons, ages 5, 13 and 15, and a 16-year old-daughter. To donate furniture, household items, clothing, Christmas decorations and/or presents, or for more information on how you can help the family, contact Frank Snyder at 267-2237.
HPD misdemeanor citations, tickets
▪ No tickets issued.
▪ Brenten G. Schneck, 24, of Highland was charged with possession of cannabis.
▪ Makayla D. Smith, 18, was charged with speeding.
▪ Timothy R. Stewart, 42, of Highland was charged with driving while having a suspended/revoked license and operation of an uninsured motor vehicle.
▪ A juvenile, 16, of Highland was charged with speeding.
▪ Breanne M. Scott, 24, of Breese was charged with speeding.
▪ A juvenile, 17, of Alhambra was charged with having an expired vehicle registration and operation of an uninsured motor vehicle.
▪ Charles T. Sumner, 46, of New Douglas was charged with failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident.
▪ Cameron S. Johnson, 21, of Pocahontas was charged with illegal transportation of alcohol.
▪ Kyle R. Littlefield, 22, of Alhambra was charged with driving without a valid license.
▪ No tickets issued.
▪ Trevor A. Harrison, 21, of Nokomis was charged with possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia.