Tax bills for more than 135,000 parcels in Madison County should be arriving in mail boxes soon.
“The first due date is July 7,” said Madison County Treasurer Kurt Prenzler. “By law, the tax bill must be mailed no later than 30 days before the first installment due date.”
Prenzler is reminding taxpayers they can “pay online, rather than in line.” He said taxpayers still have the option of making an immediate payment using an electronic check or credit card at www.madcotreasurer.org, or they can set up the four installment payments using either method.
“Anyone who scheduled their four installments last year will not be required to do anything this year,” he said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
Taxpayers are reminded that when they change their address with the U.S. Postal Service that mail is only forwarded for one year.
“It’s important for taxpayers to notify the Treasurer’s Office about their change of address,” he said. “The law states a taxpayer is responsible for paying a bill regardless or not if they receive one. The fact is we want to make sure you receive one.”
A change of address form is available online.
Taxpayers can also pay by mail, or in person at the Treasurer’s Office or at one of the more than 100 collector banks and credit unions.
Summary of payment options
▪ Visit madcotreasurer.org to pay by eCheck or credit card
▪ Mail payments to Madison County Treasurer, P.O. Box 849 (with coupon) or P.O. Box 729 (without coupon) Edwardsville, IL 62025
▪ In person, weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Madison County Administration Building, Treasurer’s Office, Suite 125, Edwardsville
▪ More than 100 collector banks or credit unions. Tax coupons required.
▪ Online bill pay through your bank or credit union.
For questions or more information visit madcotreasurer.org or contact the Treasurer’s Office at (618) 692-6260.