The Veterans’ Assistance Commission (VAC) of Madison County is dedicated to providing assistance to all veterans. In this endeavor, the VAC is dedicating the fourth Thursday of every month for outreach in the Highland area.
A VAC service officer will be available at Highland American Legion Post 439, located on Trenton Road, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Thursday, June 23. Veterans must contact Devon Neal at (618) 296-4750 to schedule an appointment.
Services to be offered will include the following:
▪ Beginning claims for service-connected disabilities;
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Submitting amended evidence on claims previously submitted;
▪ Working on pension claims for veterans and widows;
▪ Explaining how to access the veterans health care system, using the eBenefits system;
▪ Submitting VA health care applications; and
▪ Discussing the importance of filing DD-214s with the local county recorder’s office.