Bob Fischer of Highland, Sam Turley of Greenville and John Bauer of Belleville were inducted into the Greater Carlyle Bowling Association (GCBA) at the annual GCBA Bowling Banquet at Michael’s Restaurant in Highland on Nov. 5.
The Hall of Fame ceremony was held in conjuction with the bowling and tournament awards for the 2015-2016 bowling season. Fischer, Turley and Bauer joined the 60 members who were already enshrined in the GCBA Hall of Fame.
Darrell Rinderer, president of the GCBA, presented one of the GCBA Scholarships awarded this year to Allison Thomson from Mascoutah. The other scholarship was presented to Alexis Korte from Highland. Scholarship applicants are available at any GCBA Bowling Center and are due by April 1, 2017.
The Greater Carlyle Bowling Association is comprised of the following bowling centers: Baden Bowl in New Baden, Bartelso Bowl, Grantfork Bowl, 4th Street Lanes in Greenville, Hank’s Bowl in Trenton, Hi Top Bowl in Highland, Mascoutah Community Lanes, Poplar Junction Lanes in Highland, Salem Bowl, Vandalia Bowl and V&H Recreation in Breese.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The 74th Annual Greater Carlyle Tournament for the 2015-2016 season was hosted by 4th Street Lanes in Greenville (singles and doubles) and Grantfork Bowl (team event). The winners from the tournament were as follows:
- Singles Handicap: Eric Monroe, 782
- Singles Scratch: Keith Langenhorst, 748
- Doubles Handicap: C. Walker and D. Bohannon, 1,530
- Doubles Scratch: J. Sussenbach and T. Young, 1,442
- Team Handicap: Revermann Chiiropractic, 3,569
- Team Scratch: Driscoll Brick, 3,439
- All Events Handicap: Joe Gonzalez, 2,326 (GCBA Record)
- All Events Scratch: Joe Gonazlez, 2,269 (GCBA Record)
- High Average for 2015-2016 Season was Nick Korte: 235 at Poplar Junction Lanes in Highland
- High Series for 2015-2016 was 847 by Greg Detmer at Baden Bowl
Honor Scores for the 2015-2016 season were as follows: 300 games (46), 299 games (18), 800 series (20), 700 (365) series
2016 Scratch Tournament Results are as follows: John Bauer won the Senior Scratch held Nov. 1 at Baden Bowl while Greg Detmer won the Regular Scratch Tournament held Dec. 6 at Poplar Junction Lanes.
The 75th GCBA Tournament will be held at Hank’s Bowl (Team Event) in Trenton and Hi Top Bowl in Highland (Doubles and Singles). Entry forms are available at each bowling center or online at www.greatercarlyle.com.