THURSDAY, JUNE 22
▪ YMCA blood drive: A Red Cross blood drive will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, June 22 at the YMCA located at 284 N. Seven Hills Road in O’Fallon. Call 1-800-RED-CROSS to schedule your appointment or search online for sponsor code:YMCAofallon. All campers who recruit a blood donor will receive a thank you gift from the Red Cross.
FRIDAY, JUNE 23
▪ Scott AFB Centennial Golf Classic: The Scott AFB Centennial Golf Classic will be held on Friday, June 23 at Cardinal Creek Golf Course. Tee off is at noon for the four-person scramble. The tournament is open to the public. Prizes will be awarded. Contests include: Closest to the Pin, Closest to the Line, and Long Drive. There will also be a chance for golfers to win a brand new car during the hole-in-one contest. RSVP by calling 618-256-4241 or 618-722-4194 or email email@example.com. Plan to meet at the Visitor’s Control Center at 11:30 a.m. for coverage.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to Belleville News-Democrat
SATURDAY, JUNE 24
▪ Rotary Changeover event: Celebrating 40 years of service of a partnership with the Shriner’s Children’s Hospital through the Belize Children’s Program, the O’Fallon Rotary District 6510 will host the Changeover Dinner at 6 p.m. Satuday, June 24 at the Gateway Classic Cars at 1237 Central Park Dr. in O’Fallon. Hearing the stories of the program, along with the classic care collection are some of the activities available with $45 tickets. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MONDAY, JUNE 26
▪ O’Fallon Library Book Club: The club meets upstairs at the O’Fallon Public Library from 7 to 8 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month, except December. The club discusses the current selection and picks the next read. Any genre is possible, as long as there’s sufficient copies available for checkout. The helpful librarians order copies for pickup at the next meeting. No purchase is necessary. You’ll read something you might not have tried; do a book a month; and, engage in some friendly banter. Nothing intimidating nor stuffy. For more information, a list of past selections, and FAQs, see ofpl.info/events/bookclub.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 28
▪ Ashland Avenue Extension information meeting: A public information meeting concerning the proposed Ashland Avenue Extension from Hartman Lane to Central Park Drive will be held at O’Fallon City Hall on June 28 from 6 to 7 p.m. All persons interested in this project are invited to attend the meeting. The meeting will be conducted on an informal basis. A brief description on the scope of the project and timeline will be made at the beginning of the meeting. Representatives of the city of O’Fallon and Kuhlman Design Group Inc. will be available to discuss the project and answer individual questions and record comments. Preliminary design drawings and effects of properties will be available for inspection at the meeting. Anyone needing special accommodations should contact Adam Gerstner, project engineer, at 618-624-4500, ext. 3, or email at email@example.com.
FRIDAY, JUNE 30
▪ Last chance to order OTHS yearbook: Don’t forget to order your copy of the 2017 Panther Yearbook. Books may be ordered online at www.smart-pay.com or by phone by calling 1-800-853-1337. Deadline to place your order is June 30.
To have your event listed, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Monday prior to the Thursday publication date.